Use of component types

Posted by maynardr on 04-Oct-2016 03:16

In KendoUIBuilder\schemas\components I see lots of widget types like drop-down-list.json, and multi-select.json

I would like to use these in a generated form, binding to both static (ie. hard coded) arrays and also data tables from an OE data service.

Is this possible yet?, I have not found any reference in the documentation. An example would be good. 

Thanks

Posted by Anil Kumar on 04-Oct-2016 07:32

Hi,

Currently this is not possible in Kendo UI Builder environment.

We are planning on providing an additional empty view/template where all the Kendo UI controls can be used. This is in addition to already available templates (read-only, read-only data form, separate screen). 
This empty view is planned for the upcoming/future versions of KUIB.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

Sent from my iPhone

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 04-Oct-2016 07:32

Hi,

Currently this is not possible in Kendo UI Builder environment.

We are planning on providing an additional empty view/template where all the Kendo UI controls can be used. This is in addition to already available templates (read-only, read-only data form, separate screen). 
This empty view is planned for the upcoming/future versions of KUIB.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by maynardr on 05-Oct-2016 06:54

Is there a published roadmap for KUIB that will show dates for new templates?

Posted by Ankur Goyal on 07-Oct-2016 02:37

Hi Ray,

We do not publish roadmaps online. I will however tell you that we are currently working on providing a Blank View capability that will let you start with a blank canvas and customize your screen as you see fit by a simple drag and drop of the Kendo UI controls.

We are planning to provide this capability in the next release of Kendo UI Builder by Progress hopefully very soon.

Thanks

Ankur

This thread is closed