Kendo UI Builder: Error creating data provider

Posted by Mike Fechner on 21-Sep-2016 03:27

Hi, I have created my first test App using Kendo UI builder and I am getting an error when creating the first data provider:

Error creating data provider

Unexpected token <

What can I do to analize this? Is there any log file or console availalbe that might have more details about the error?

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 21-Sep-2016 03:38

Looks like the "<" is the beginning of the login page ... my catalog URL requires authentication.

Is it a known limitation that KBUI cannot create data sources when the catalog requires (form-based) authentication?

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 21-Sep-2016 03:56

Hi Mike,

Currently this is a limitation in KUIB. At development time catalogs must be unprotected to work with KUIB. At deployment time we can protect the catalogs. Please keep a copy of protected catalog file somewhere in unprotected location and then try to create the data provider.

Thanks,
Sanjeev.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 21-Sep-2016 04:00

OK – thanks.

I am not maintaining catalog files. We are generating them for various reasons on the fly.

So for dev time, I’ll have to configure Tomcat to let the catalog requests through without auth.

Posted by marian.edu on 21-Sep-2016 05:42

You might try basic digest instead, Rollbase only supports that but then again there you must supply the catalog file not the URL so that’s not for development time… maybe saving the catalog and use the flat json file can work with KUIB as well.

Marian Edu

Acorn IT 
+40 740 036 212

Posted by Mike Fechner on 21-Sep-2016 05:52

The catalog is retrieved from a URI on the backend. And there is no way to provide credentials.

Posted by marian.edu on 21-Sep-2016 05:56

yeah, authentication is overrated anyway :p

Posted by Edward Sullivan on 29-Sep-2016 16:02

Hi All-

Just an FYI that I am going to move this post to the dedicated Kendo UI Builder group that was recently launched.

Thanks

Ed Sullivan

This thread is closed