Using intellisense in Eclipse when working with procedure li

Posted by Kai Siegele on 18-Oct-2017 10:02

Hallo,

I have created a procedure lib with some hopeful useful classes and methods. For each method I have written a small documentation describing purpose, parameters and result. For example, a method and its documentation in class DataExchange looks like this:

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purpose:

Reads a string from a textbox with at least given number of characters

Parameter:

tb - Textbox to read string from

sField - Name of the string-value to read

iMinLength - Minimum number of character

output cOutput - Read string when result true

Result:

true when a string as specified was read, false otherwise

------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

METHOD PUBLIC STATIC LOGICAL ReadString(INPUT tb AS System.Windows.Forms.TextBox, INPUT sField AS CHARACTER, INPUT iMinLength AS INTEGER, OUTPUT cOutput AS CHARACTER):

DEFINE VARIABLE result       AS LOGICAL   NO-UNDO.

DEFINE VARIABLE errorMessage AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.

IF (LENGTH(tb:Text) >= iMinLength) THEN

ASSIGN

result = TRUE

cOutput = tb:Text.

ELSE

DO:

result = FALSE.

ShowError(SUBSTITUTE("Eingabe für &1 muss mindestens &2 Zeichen lang sein", sField, iMinLength), tb).

END.

RETURN result.

END METHOD.      

Then I have written a small program with Eclipse as development environment, that should use the functionality of the procedure library.

And now my two questions:

When writing the code if am typing the name of the class and intellisense shows a small list box with all methods of the class. When selecting one of these methods in the list box, the signature is shown in a small window on the right. But unfortunately the purpose of the method “Reads a string from a textbox with at least given number of characters” is not shown. Has anyone an idea why?

After I have inserted the method call in my code, I am clicking on the method call. Unfortunately intellisense is not jumping to the code of the method. Would anyone be so kind and give me a hint why not?

Kind regards

Kai Siegele

All Replies

This thread is closed