VST Table

Posted by satya.progress on 15-Sep-2017 08:13

Hello,

Can someone tell that above highlighted are using which VST Table for the displaying of the online backup staus .

Please find the attachment above.

All Replies

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 18-Sep-2017 08:48

There is some information about the progress of utilities, including probkup, in the _userstatus VST.  You'll need the user number of the backup client.

Posted by George Potemkin on 18-Sep-2017 08:52

From Dan Foreman's VST Guide:

This VST does not seem to be ‘aware’ of:

* Running proutil dbanalys online

* Running proutil idxfix online

* Running probkup online

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 18-Sep-2017 11:38

A while back I created a slightly modified version of the userstatus program from Dan's book.  I forget what changes I made but I think it was just adding new statuses from the docs.  I just tested it during an online backup, idxfix, and dbanalys:

Operation      Usr# Name        Obj#   Object                              Phase Phase description                            Counter      Target
────────────── ──── ────────── ───── ─ ─────────────────────────────────── ───── ──────────────────────────────────────── ─────────── ───────────
Online Backup     6 root           0 I                                        66 BK_backup_DB_blks_per_area                         0           0
Chain Analysis    7 root           0 I                                        73 AN_examine_DB_blocks                               0           0
Idxfix scan id    8 root       -1590 I _StorageObject._Object-PartitionId     52 Scan_indexes                                    1727           0

It looks like "counter" and "target" don't always provide useful information.  But the _userstatus-state field does appear to be populated with valid values.

This is in 11.6.3.017 on CentOS.

This thread is closed