Pro2 v6.0 advantages and disadvantages

Posted by ryabtsevpv on 30-Aug-2019 14:51

Hi!

First of all,thanks for the new version of Pro2 v6.0, thanks to which we were able to abandon the windows-server, where worked the 9 consoles pro2 for management different branches.

What did not like in the new version:

1. Now need to do more actions to view the queue cdcbatch and replbacth processes. Additionally, now you need to go to "Waiting for work", look in the window or even download the file (rqcounts.txt) and open it. Very uncomfortable
2. No graphics lag for cdcbatch (by Thread) and replbatch (by Thread) processes. By time and number of records.
3. In the charts “Total alerts”, “Start topics” and “Volume topics”, the history can only be viewed for long periods “This week” and “Last week”. I would like to see the periods "NOW" and "DAY".

P.S.
1. We look forward to future replication performance increases, including cdcbatch (multithreading).
2. We also want to be able to run replbatch and CDCBatch processes remotely, through the WEB console.

All Replies

Posted by Prabhash Bhasker on 03-Sep-2019 11:12

Hi,

Thanks for checking out our new version of Pro2 v6.0. We have noted your concerns and  are looking forward to address them. I will like to update you on some of the issues listed above:-

No graphics lag for cdcbatch (by Thread) and replbatch (by Thread) processes. By time and number of records.

We have a backlog item for this in our product and will be soon discussing on  it for its implementation.

In the charts “Total alerts”, “Start topics” and “Volume topics”, the history can only be viewed for long periods “This week” and “Last week”. I would like to see the periods "NOW" and "DAY".

We will surely consider it  and  see if we can extend this feature..

We also want to be able to run replbatch and CDCBatch processes remotely, through the WEB console.

By remotely, I think what you mean is that we can schedule it and it automatically runs on the scheduled time.This should be done on working from any machine and accessing your instance. We have developed a feature for scheduling jobs automatically and will be there in the next release.I think this will resolve your problem.

Regards,

Prabhash.

Posted by Prabhash Bhasker on 03-Sep-2019 11:12

Hi,

Thanks for checking out our new version of Pro2 v6.0. We have noted your concerns and  are looking forward to address them. I will like to update you on some of the issues listed above:-

No graphics lag for cdcbatch (by Thread) and replbatch (by Thread) processes. By time and number of records.

We have a backlog item for this in our product and will be soon discussing on  it for its implementation.

In the charts “Total alerts”, “Start topics” and “Volume topics”, the history can only be viewed for long periods “This week” and “Last week”. I would like to see the periods "NOW" and "DAY".

We will surely consider it  and  see if we can extend this feature..

We also want to be able to run replbatch and CDCBatch processes remotely, through the WEB console.

By remotely, I think what you mean is that we can schedule it and it automatically runs on the scheduled time.This should be done on working from any machine and accessing your instance. We have developed a feature for scheduling jobs automatically and will be there in the next release.I think this will resolve your problem.

Regards,

Prabhash.

This thread is closed