Pro2 6.0 installation missing bpAdmin.w

Posted by jokilval on 15-Jul-2019 10:09

Hello,

I'm having difficulties with installing the new 6.0 version of Pro2 to our testing environment with OpenEdge 11.7 on Windows server 2012 R2.

When installing the Pro2 version 6.0 the installation completes with no errors. But some files are missing from the installation directory. When trying to open the administration tool, it says 

**”bprepl\bpAdmin.w” was not found. (293) 

and the Progress Window stays gray and can only be closed from task manager. 

It seems that the bpAdmin.w is really missing from the bprepl\ directory as well as some other .w files that I found in the previous (5.x) installations of Pro2. To my understanding the Pro2 6.0 should work with OpenEdge 11.7 and does not require 12.0.

When installing the 6.0 version I followed the exact same steps as with the 5.x version. I also tried to uninstall and install Pro2 6.0 again with same results. Installation log files show no warnings or errors. 

Is there something different that need to be taken into account when installing version 6.0 compared to 5.x? Or what could I be missing here?

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 16-Jul-2019 09:08

Hi,

I see the same thing and I think that it because of new web interface which replaced old GUI.

>>To my understanding the Pro2 6.0 should work with OpenEdge 11.7 and does not require 12.0.

That's right. However, you need an additional license for PASOE that runs the new web interface. This license is included in Pro2 6.0.

Regards,

Valeriy

Posted by Satya Prasad on 16-Jul-2019 09:30

Starting from Pro2 Version 6.0 there is no support for the Admin tool. This means, all old .w files were dropped off from the installer.

Also Pro2 v6.0 will work for both OpenEdge 11.7 version. As Valeriy said, you need PASOE license to run the interface (which is the replacement of Admin tool)

The Pro2 installer .exe will do the PASOE instance creation, application deployment and property updates automatically. Post install, update the running database(repl, replperf) details in bprepl\Scripts\replProc.pf file and start the PASOE instance.

Once the instance started, hit this Login URL @ http://<hostname>:<port>/pro2

Thanks,
Satya

All Replies

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 16-Jul-2019 09:08

Hi,

I see the same thing and I think that it because of new web interface which replaced old GUI.

>>To my understanding the Pro2 6.0 should work with OpenEdge 11.7 and does not require 12.0.

That's right. However, you need an additional license for PASOE that runs the new web interface. This license is included in Pro2 6.0.

Regards,

Valeriy

Posted by Satya Prasad on 16-Jul-2019 09:30

Starting from Pro2 Version 6.0 there is no support for the Admin tool. This means, all old .w files were dropped off from the installer.

Also Pro2 v6.0 will work for both OpenEdge 11.7 version. As Valeriy said, you need PASOE license to run the interface (which is the replacement of Admin tool)

The Pro2 installer .exe will do the PASOE instance creation, application deployment and property updates automatically. Post install, update the running database(repl, replperf) details in bprepl\Scripts\replProc.pf file and start the PASOE instance.

Once the instance started, hit this Login URL @ http://<hostname>:<port>/pro2

Thanks,
Satya

This thread is closed