Why pro2modified column sometimes does not display time

Posted by Dmitri Levin on 05-Dec-2017 11:02

Each table in MS SQL Server target database of pro2sql has pro2modified column.

That column is always type "datetime" in SQL and all other attributes of pro2modified are the same for all tables.

Most tables display correctly date and time of last change. Yet, some tables display only date.

I looked in DataDictionary of fdm4repsh ( Progress Schema holder ) database. Those tables that display time correctly have pro2modified field type timestamp(datetime) format 99/99/9999 HH:MM:SS.SSSSS and those tables that display only date have pro2modified field type timestamp(date) format 99/99/99. That is probably why we see time as all zeros 00:00:00 for those tables.

My question is why Progress Schema holder defines pro2modified as timestamp(date) format 99/99/99 for some tables?

I would like to see pro2modified field type timestamp(datetime) format 99/99/9999 HH:MM:SS.SSSSS for all tables.

pro2modified does not come from Progress ( Source ) database. And thus it is not in ReplFieldXref either. So it has to come from MS SQL Server where pro2modified definitions are the same for all tables....

Posted by Dmitri Levin on 08-Dec-2017 10:56

The answer came from pro2 group (PSC).

Need to check the box for “Default to OpenEdge Datetime” when doing the schema pull for schema holder database.  

Thanks Patty.

All Replies

Posted by Dmitri Levin on 08-Dec-2017 10:56

The answer came from pro2 group (PSC).

Need to check the box for “Default to OpenEdge Datetime” when doing the schema pull for schema holder database.  

Thanks Patty.

Posted by Dmitri Levin on 08-Dec-2017 10:58

Answer from pro2 group of PSC

We need to check the box for “Default to OpenEdge Datetime” when doing the schema pull in Data Server for Schema holder.

Thanks Patty.

This thread is closed