Roundtable TSMS Jira Integration

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 24-Sep-2019 14:06

Happy Tuesday all.

Deep from the depths of the Roundtable development laboratory, we've put together a Jira integration that we will provide as open-source. We are not Jira experts ourselves, so we've assembled a basic integration based on feedback we've received from customers.

The integration will allow you to:

1. Look up Jira Issues from the Tasks window and select an issue to assign to a Task.

2. Automatically populate the Task summary and description with the data from Jira.

3. Allow you to apply an Issue Transition from the the Task window and add a comment to the Issue. 

This will work with Roundtable 11.8.x and Roundtable 12.0.x.

For the initial feedback phase we've only made it available for the GUI client. 

If you would like to try it out, please reply here to this thread and let us know. 

Thanks.

All Replies

Posted by mroberts@rev.com.au on 24-Sep-2019 22:56

We are interested ... we have already extended RTB to do some similar things (create a JIRA issue from RTB, or link to an existing one)

Have only managed to implement it in the GUI version so far also.

Looking at further integrations and also from PDSOE :)

We run 12.0 at the moment.

Thanks

Mark

Posted by drscms on 25-Sep-2019 03:45

Hi Jeff,

I'm also interested.

I've had a go implementing Jira-RTB integration with some success.  Would be good to see your solution.

We're on RTB 11.8.

Cheers,

Dan

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 25-Sep-2019 17:05

Hi.

Thank you for your interest in trying out the integration. You can download the required files here:

ftp.roundtable-software.com/.../

Please review the readme.txt before installing.

"Looking at further integrations and also from PDSOE :)"

That is the plan. We are looking for feedback to make sure that we are on the right track.

Posted by Bo Haslund on 01-Oct-2019 16:56

Thanks Jeff,

I will start testing :-)

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 22-Jan-2020 14:17

Thank you to those who have provided feedback directly to me. Have others had a chance to try?

This thread is closed