Problem with an xml file for a out check program

Posted by mikaelstenmark on 02-Jul-2018 07:32

Hi,

I have a problem with an xml file. When I try to open an program that is in a task, I get a message that the "[workspace-path] \ [Task] \ [Module]\.rtb\[program name].xml" file is missing. Is there any way to recreate the xml file?

Ex.
C: \ Users \ emst01 \ Progress \ Developer Studio 4.5.2 \ workspace64Bit \ utvver \ Task_5783 \ ag \ sys \ job \ .rtb \ gSysJobbTest.w.xml is missing

Is there anyone who knows why the xml file has been removed and is there any way to prevent it?

OE Studio has stopped working a few times and I have finished the program by killing the Progress process.

We are using OE 11.7.2 and RTB 11.6.1

Regards

Micke

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 02-Jul-2018 08:06

This is a hidden marker file that contains information about your WIP Object. It gets added and removed by the Roundtable plug-in.  If it is missing, then it was somehow manually deleted (I can't say for certain how). The quickest solution would be to save the contents of your WIP Object, delete/revert, and check-out again.

"OE Studio has stopped working a few times and I have finished the program by killing the Progress process."

That could contribute to the issue although I cannot be sure. I've rarely seen Eclipse stop working; sometime the OE plug-in may be doing somethings in the background (like tooling). Or, sometimes ABL message boxes (from an event hook for instance) will not come to the foreground and give the appearance of a frozen session.

All Replies

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 02-Jul-2018 08:06

This is a hidden marker file that contains information about your WIP Object. It gets added and removed by the Roundtable plug-in.  If it is missing, then it was somehow manually deleted (I can't say for certain how). The quickest solution would be to save the contents of your WIP Object, delete/revert, and check-out again.

"OE Studio has stopped working a few times and I have finished the program by killing the Progress process."

That could contribute to the issue although I cannot be sure. I've rarely seen Eclipse stop working; sometime the OE plug-in may be doing somethings in the background (like tooling). Or, sometimes ABL message boxes (from an event hook for instance) will not come to the foreground and give the appearance of a frozen session.

Posted by mikaelstenmark on 04-Jul-2018 08:30

Thank you Jeff

/micke

This thread is closed