Move Object To Task in Plugin

Posted by Neil Treeby on 23-Jan-2018 12:28

I'd like there to be a "Move Object To Task..." option available from the Plugin.

Right now I have to go back to the Tabletop to do this.

Is this a feature that anyone besides myself would like to see added to the Plugin?

All Replies

Posted by WinningJr on 23-Jan-2018 12:38

There is a “move object to task” feature?  Anyway…  If you mean move an object form one task to another, you just drag it in the RTB Tasks view.   If you are not on the latest version or two or three, make sure it is not open in an editor when you move it. 

Ctrl-click for multi select works too in this feature.

If this was not what you meant, I’m sure Jeff will correct me quickly J

Gerry Winning
Sr. Software Engineer
Wolters Kluwer HLRP
100 River Ridge Drive
Norwood, MA 02062

www.ovid.com

Posted by Neil Treeby on 23-Jan-2018 12:43

That's exactly what I'm after... not sure why I didn't think to try drag-and-drop.

...and it works.  It only works if the task you're moving from is set as the active task, otherwise you get a nice error popping up.

Though I think it would be nice if it were available in the right-click context menu as well.

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 23-Jan-2018 13:01

Hi.

"I think it would be nice if it were available in the right-click context menu as well."

If you right-click and choose Copy then Paste to the target Task, that works as well.

FWIW,  Drag & Drop gestures can be used to move Objects between Groups or to move WIP Objects between Tasks.

In the RTB Configurations view, drag an Object to the desired Group to move it. Drag an Object to Product Module to remove it from its Group.

In the  RTB Tasks view, drag WIP Objects from one WIP Task to another WIP Task.

I don't think an active Task should be necessary. I just tried without an active task and received an unexpected error. There looks to be a bug somewhere. I'll get it logged.

Posted by Neil Treeby on 23-Jan-2018 13:11

All good to know, thanks Jeff.

I was going to get on to the subject of modifying object groups in bulk, but you covered it as well, it's painful going object-by-object particularly when objects that should all logically be in one group have been arbitrarily assigned to multiple (or no) groups.

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 23-Jan-2018 13:17

"..it's painful going object-by-object particularly when objects that should all logically be in one group"

Yep. Just grab 'em and drag 'em.  :)

Copy/paste probably works there as well. I guess it's more of a cut/paste.. :-\

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 23-Jan-2018 13:30

Here is a Roundtable Quick Tip along the drag-n-drop topic with regards to security:

Drag and Drop Quick Tip

This thread is closed