Workspace Delete but leave code intact

Posted by Neil Treeby on 21-Dec-2017 14:42

We are preparing to make a leap forward from RTB 10.1Cxx to 11.7.x.  As part of the preparation, we're evaluating all our current RTB workspaces and deciding what to throw out.

The "Delete" procedure for Workspaces, as described in the documentation, is a bit more extreme than I'd like though - I only want to delete the rtb_* records from the repository, while leaving any code untouched.  Chances are we will dispose of the code in time - it's all very old, deprecated, stuff that nobody will miss - but we want to be in control of that, and do so separately from deleting the RTB data.

Is it safe to simply delete everything directly from the repository db that has wspace-id as an index field?

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 21-Dec-2017 14:55

Hi.

I would not recommend that path, nor manually deleting anything from the Roundtable repository.  

If you just no longer want to see the Workspaces, then flag them as hidden via the Workspace Maintenance UI.

If you truly want to remove the Workspaces, then you could alter the Workspace path so it is it pointing to an empty folder and then delete the Workspace. I think that should work without error.

Deleting the Workspace only deletes the Objects (i.e. the Version assignments) and not any historical data (events, repo content, etc.). If you really want to purge, you'll need to use the Administrator Toolkit (available in 10.2B and higher).

All Replies

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 21-Dec-2017 14:55

Hi.

I would not recommend that path, nor manually deleting anything from the Roundtable repository.  

If you just no longer want to see the Workspaces, then flag them as hidden via the Workspace Maintenance UI.

If you truly want to remove the Workspaces, then you could alter the Workspace path so it is it pointing to an empty folder and then delete the Workspace. I think that should work without error.

Deleting the Workspace only deletes the Objects (i.e. the Version assignments) and not any historical data (events, repo content, etc.). If you really want to purge, you'll need to use the Administrator Toolkit (available in 10.2B and higher).

This thread is closed