RTB CRC Error

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 19-Nov-2016 03:15

Hi All,

I am trying to create a new instance of RTB by creating a new empty rtb DB and loading the existing rtb DF.
Now, I have new rtb shortcut ready and in properties I have added old RTB code path in start in,
I am trying to open that new shortcut now for creating a new workspace and all but I am getting one CRC error

** CRC for rtb_session does not match CRC in rtb/sdo/rtb_u_sess.r

Do I need to compile the source against the new rtb DB ? But I think then there will be a problem for the old RTB instance as the DB is different.

Can anyone help me.

Posted by Michael Solomon on 21-Nov-2016 08:06

Yes, you will need to compile RTB against the DB that you'll use as the RTB repository. You can build multiple repositories, but they all must be CRC compatible with one another. The easiest way to do that is to build RTB after installation and let the build process create a new empty repo for you. Then, use that DB as the copy source for creating subsequent DBs. However, be aware that the RTB licensing agreement is per repository. As I understand licensing, maintaining multiple repos requires licenses for each one.

All Replies

Posted by Michael Solomon on 21-Nov-2016 08:06

Yes, you will need to compile RTB against the DB that you'll use as the RTB repository. You can build multiple repositories, but they all must be CRC compatible with one another. The easiest way to do that is to build RTB after installation and let the build process create a new empty repo for you. Then, use that DB as the copy source for creating subsequent DBs. However, be aware that the RTB licensing agreement is per repository. As I understand licensing, maintaining multiple repos requires licenses for each one.

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 21-Nov-2016 08:11

As Roundtable is an ABL application, the same OpenEdge rules apply. You can take Michael's approach, or create an incremental DF to bring the db's in sync and then recompile.

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 28-Nov-2016 13:54

Hi All

Thanks, managed to get all the activities for a new rtb instance. Loaded schema as well. Now I have created a task to check-in all the source code under a single task but I am getting one error "The total length of the fields in an index exceeds max key size. Index <index-name> of table <table-name> (129) (11353) ".

I have increased -tmpbsize startup parameter to 8kb but still getting the same error, not able to figure out.

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 28-Nov-2016 15:54

It is probably best to contact Roundtable technical support for help with an error like that.

www.roundtable-software.com/.../

Or, look at the release notes for the latest patch for your Roundtable version to see if anything along those lines has been addressed.

www.roundtable-software.com/.../

This thread is closed