Round Table 11.5 Configuration Document

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 03-Sep-2016 03:54

Hi Guyz,

I am looking for Round Table Configuration document. 

We have RTB 11.5.0 with couple of work spaces for different different source code. Now I have to create the same for the new project source under RTB 11.5.0.

Is there any documentation available related to this configuration ?

Mainly I am looking for -

1. RTB DB and appserver involvement for new source 

2. Workpsace maintenance and addition of new source code

3. Code Deployment 

All Replies

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 05-Sep-2016 08:02

Hi Guyz,

Any update on this ?

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 05-Sep-2016 10:29

A forum post over a holiday weekend probably won't get a lot of responses.

Can you be more specific with your question(s)?

You can always try the online help or User Guide to look for an answer.  Check the white papers as well. Or, contact technical support for assistance.

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 05-Sep-2016 14:31
Posted by atuldalvi123 on 12-Sep-2016 13:15

Thanks Jeff.

Actually I have created one new rtb DB using PROSTRCT command and using an existing rtb .st and .df file for my use. I am using this new DB in a singe user mode ( later will change it to multi user mode ) and connecting to the original RTB source code. I am going to use this new rtb DB for one of my new application source code. Now before creating workspace, schema and actual source code in RTB, I want to know how I can create users and give access to this new RTB shortcut.

Rtb_wsuser table is now empty and while running this shortcut I am putting anything as a userid and pwd, its giving me an error "Serial/Control number is not valid."  but still its opening round table tool. Not able to understand this error.

Also for using any Admin menu it is giving me an error like "This action can be performed by an admin or sysop".

Pls suggest.

Posted by Simon de Kraa on 12-Sep-2016 13:53

Probably _User is missing right?

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 12-Sep-2016 14:00

You will need to enter your serial number and control code. See the 'Help > About' section of the help/user guide.

You will need to add users (including a sysop user). See the 'Security' section of the help/user guide.

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 13-Sep-2016 09:24

Thanks Jeff.

I have managed to get the serial number & control code information and added to the 'Help > About' section. Also I have created 'Sysop' user from the editor by adding 1 record into _user table.

Now what should be the 1st step after creating a new work space ?

I have to 1st create the module, product etc under the new work space or I have to 1st load the required schema for the source code ?

As of now, the 'Load Schema' option is disabled so I am in confusion what to do 1st. Also some confusion in the available PDF as well.

Pls suggest.

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 13-Sep-2016 15:31

"Also I have created 'Sysop' user from the editor by adding 1 record into _user table."

Per the User Guide, you need to use the Roundtable User Maintenance UI to add users.

"Now what should be the 1st step after creating a new work space ?"

I refer you to the white-paper I included earlier as well as the "Defining Your Application" section of the User Guide.

We cannot provide technical support via this forum. If you need more assistance, please contact us via support@roundtable-software.com.

This thread is closed