How to retrieve deleted file in Round Table with all the his

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 01-Sep-2016 09:00

How to retrieve deleted file in Round Table with all the history ?

We have 11.5 RTB with two workspaces, 1 is  for development and 1 is for testing.

The deleted file is available in testing workspace but not in the dev workspace

Is there any way to get it back into the dev worlspace from testing ?

All Replies

Posted by cverbiest on 01-Sep-2016 09:21

In RTB when you delete an object it is no longer assigned to your workspace.

You can get it back using assign object.

In the classic desktop

I"m not so fluent in the eclipse plug-in but it will be there as well

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 01-Sep-2016 09:24

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 01-Sep-2016 09:28

And in the plug-in:

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 01-Sep-2016 10:10

I dont have RTB test env where I can do this sample test but if I do this will it bring all the earlier object version history such as task number etc. into the workspace with the object ?

Posted by cverbiest on 01-Sep-2016 10:21

Yes, the object and it's history still exists you just don't have it assigned to your dev workspace.

if you assign it and it turns out it was not what you wanted you can delete it again .

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 01-Sep-2016 10:26

There are two different "histories" for the Object Version in question and neither ever go away.

1. The Workspace Event History shows the actions taken on a Object (i.e. an assignment of a Version to a Workspace). You can query that history view the Workspace Event History UI.

2. The Version history is the history of all Versions created for a particular Object and Product Module. This never goes away either.

As Carl has pointed out, to make the Version visible in the Workspace, use the Assign function which will create the Object in the Workspace that references the Version.

Posted by atuldalvi123 on 02-Sep-2016 02:38

Thanks guys it works for me.

This thread is closed