How to setup PDSOE + RTB Plugin without shared repo folder ?

Posted by cverbiest on 09-Mar-2016 08:09

Hi Jeff,

I noticed your remark on https://community.progress.com/community_groups/technology_partner/technology_partner_roundtable/f/231/p/23599/82348#82348 but I didn"t want to hijack that topic.

We had our workspaces on a shared drive since "forever". It never occurred to that it is possible to have a rtb workspace setup where the workspace root isn't shared among all developers.

• How does that work ?
  • How do you specify workspace root for such a project ?
  • Is that setup also possible with the classic desktop ?

All Replies

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 09-Mar-2016 08:12

Hi. In that topic, I was referring to the Eclipse Workspace.  That being said, I'm pretty sure that I do not understand your question. :)

Posted by cverbiest on 09-Mar-2016 08:35

Ok I'll try to clarify.

RTB database is on linux devsrv01

devws workspace root is on devsrv01 : /workspaces/devws

I'm working on my portable port01 using /workspaces/devws over a network share.

Your answer on the other thread seems to imply that I can work on the devws workspace without having a network share for access to the workspace files.

I know the plugin will copy checked-out files to my local project but AFAIK  I MUST have the network share for the rest of the workspace files.

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 10-Mar-2016 08:55

Hi.

I'm not sure what I said that implied that, but that is not what I mean in the other thread.

Regarding this, yes, one can in theory remove all the Workspace paths from the project PROPATH and you can still open for edit. Syntax check would probably fail but if your set-up is 'Server Compile', you could compile successfully.

What is the end goal?

This thread is closed