Opinion

Posted by WinningJr on 03-Mar-2016 07:58

There is simply no scenario where I’m double clicking on an object checked out in a task in the task view to open it in Eclipse, and I don’t want it editable! Wasted days and days of our lives having it open read-only, having to close it, activate the task, and re-open it. 

Anyone else driven nuts by this, or is it just specific to my office?

P.S.  It is good when you can complain about minor things in a forum - it means the major things have all been solved for you!

All Replies

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 04-Mar-2016 08:35

So, you expand the Task tree without clicking the Task node to active the Task?

FWIW, we experimented a couple of years ago with automatically activating the Task when a WIP Object was opened that way. While it seemed to be an easy win at first, it ended up causing more problems that it solved. I don't remember all the details off-hand though.

Posted by tbergman on 04-Mar-2016 09:11

Hi Jeff,

I experience the same annoying behavior. It frequently happens when I'm working on objects in more than one task. I've got more than one node expanded and want to open programs from either task, I don't care at all about task activation, I just want to open, in editing mode, items in my tasks.

These are checked out objects. I just want to open and edit them. "Active task" is not an important distinction when editing. It's only, as far as I'm concerned, of interest when checking out programs or creating new programs.

Tom

Posted by WinningJr on 04-Mar-2016 09:36

Not really. I have five tasks already expanded.   One is active.  I then double-click on an object in the tree under an unactivated task.

What a great world it would be if I expanded one task and worked on one thing a day.  

Posted by cverbiest on 07-Mar-2016 02:07

+1 for tbergman's remark.

Task is only relevant during check-out/create/delete/check-in.

The correct task gets recorded at delete/check-in.

objects that got assigned to the "wrong" task are moved before check-in.

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 08-Mar-2016 06:56

Thank you all for the feedback!

This thread is closed