ARAT: How to replace reports with html reports

Posted by cverbiest on 04-Jan-2016 08:11

automation/appSolutions/appSolute/RTB/Base/RTBAutomationApi.cls uses scm/custom/rtb/p/rtb_rpt_wspace.p or rtb/p/rtb_rpt_wspace.p to create reports .

• Is there a reason for using 2 different versions
  • why is there an scm/custom version, I see no significant difference
  • I'd like to replace the plain text reports with html reports, what is the best way to do this

1. change the RTBAutomation.cls to use a different report procedure
    2. add a propath entry that has an rtb/p/rtb_rpt_wspace.p and/or scm/custom/rtb/p/rtb_rpt_wspace.p

All Replies

Posted by asthomas on 07-Jan-2016 07:15

Hi Carl,

I need to check the code .. I know there was a reason for creating a custom version of the reports.

One thing you could do is extend RTBAutomation.cls and add your own custom stuff through overrides using your own procedures. Similar to how RTBAutomation.cls inherits it's base class. Or you can customize the code ;-)

HTH

Thomas

Posted by asthomas on 23-Mar-2016 03:42

Hi Carl,

We recently ran into an issue with this one - and had to review the differences between the custom report and the one from RTB.

In the custom version of the report that we have in the toolkit, we are using an output stream instead of a standard output to. This gets rid of some ugly messages we were getting in the log output from PCT when running the reports. So we have re-enabled the use of the custom report for this in our current local and customer implementations.

This thread is closed