Feedback on NEW Lab Feature

Posted by Jaclyn Barnard on 07-Dec-2015 13:21

We generated a number of ideas on how we might evolve the NEW Roundtable Lab feature at our "Roundtable on Roundtable" user group meeting at EMEA PUG Challenge.  

They were as follows:

1. Create the ability to move an object to the Lab once it is checked out.
  2. Allow the manager to see the code in the Lab.  
  3. Allow other people to see Lab items.
  4. Lab settings:
    1. Create a system-wide setting to Lab by default.
    2. Create the ability to allow (or disallow) the Lab feature by role.
  5. Create the ability to back up what's in the Lab.
  6. Create the ability to see which items have been changed (worked or not worked) in the Lab.

Take a look and let us know (a) if we missed anything, (b) you would like add anything, and/or (c) what you think about the items contributed so far.  Thank you in advance for your participation.   

-------------------------------

For those of you who are saying, "What is the Lab?"  New to Roundtable TSMS 11.5, the Lab feature provides the option for private, parallel development.  Roundtable TSMS 11.5 is compatible with OE 10.2B-11.6, GUI and plug-in. 

All Replies

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 08-Dec-2015 10:32

I think that they are all cool ideas. I'm not sure it is possible to do them all though. :)

Help us prioritize!

Posted by aslars on 08-Dec-2015 10:38

”5. Create the ability to back up what's in the Lab”

You are talking about backing up checked out versions of the objects?

Posted by cverbiest on 08-Dec-2015 10:43

Hi Jeff,

if you implement nr. 5 by having some kind of store into the repository (soft check-in)  it will make 2,3 and maybe 6 possible later on.

I'd like to have nr.1 but it's possible to work-around when it's not available.

I'd make no distinction between 2 and 3.

So my list would be : 5, 2+3, 1, 6

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 09-Dec-2015 07:32

Hi.

Yes, that is the idea. Something like that could probably apply to not just Lab Objects but any checked-out Object.

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 09-Dec-2015 07:33

Thanks for your feedback Carl.

Posted by Bo Haslund on 14-Dec-2015 02:19

A soft check-in on any checked-out objects would be a great idea. Can also solve our need for within a task to "mark/baseline" a stable version, before continuing with implementation. It would especially be nice if we could have visdiff between repository version, soft check-in version and current version (i.e let the soft check-in version appear in the version list).

Posted by Jaclyn Barnard on 14-Dec-2015 10:00

Thank you for your feedback, Bo.

This thread is closed