Communicating Consulting & Career Opportunities

Posted by Jim Beiermeister on 27-May-2016 16:02

I am new to the PUG Michigan Forum and working with a Michigan based client that is working on a rewrite of their core enterprise system which was developed on a Progress platform, and they are committed to remaining on this technology. With this new initiative they are working through resource planning efforts that will include both tactical contract/consulting roles as well as long term career opportunities. 

Is there a specific area in this forum or in the general Progress Community to highlight or post specific roles and engage with members who are seeking new assignments?

Thank you in advance for any guidance or recommendations.

Regards,

Jim

Posted by Anonymous on 20-Jun-2016 10:05

I came across the "Job Corner" community group below a couple weeks ago in the general Progress Community which seems to be a dedicated forum for job seekers/posters. It's not Michigan-specific, but still may be a good resource.

community.progress.com/.../

All Replies

Posted by scott_auge on 27-May-2016 20:35

I would say this can be it.  At least for people in Michigan.

Posted by dlangschied on 02-Jun-2016 09:00

Jim,

This is a good place to get the message out, but I would also suggest that you go to ProgressTalk.com.  They have a Progress Jobs forum.

This opportunity sounds interesting.  I hope that you are able to get the people that you need.  

Please contact me at dlangschied@lcs-sbit.com.  I would like to hear more of the specifics.  Maybe I can help.

Regards,

David Langschied

Posted by Jim Beiermeister on 10-Jun-2016 15:07

David -

Thank you for the feedback on sharing Progress related opportunities in Detroit, MI through this forum.

Our client has multiple Contract & Permanent roles available for Sr. Progress Developers that have the following key capabilities:

1) Progress Version 10 or Above (Required) w/ Progress Version 11 or Above (Preferred)

2) Experience using Deployed Services vs. Client Server

3) Experience using Class & Object Based development methodologies

4) Minimum 3-5 years of Progress experience (10-15 Years if two of the first 3 requirements are not met)

5) Experience with AppBuilder

If there are any PUG Michigan group members that would be interested in talking with our firm about these opportunities please feel free to contact me directly at (248) 264-8011.

Thank you in advance for the opportunity to share this information.

Jim Beiermeister

Posted by burcroff on 13-Jun-2016 07:08

Fishing…

Thanks,

Kevin Burcroff
Fifth Third Bank - Consumer IT
513-358-3613 (Office)
513-832-7602 (Home)
513-372-2339 (Cell)

Posted by Anonymous on 20-Jun-2016 10:05

I came across the "Job Corner" community group below a couple weeks ago in the general Progress Community which seems to be a dedicated forum for job seekers/posters. It's not Michigan-specific, but still may be a good resource.

community.progress.com/.../

Posted by Scott Dulecki on 20-Jun-2016 10:41

Thanks, Edward.  I had to look to go find it, but that's the best place for job posters and seekers.  I'll remove this thread after a few days.

This thread is closed