Networking Problem

Posted by Admin on 07-Aug-2010 15:04

hi.. i've encounter a problem during accessing the server.

i have 2 client, my first client connect successfully  but the other says "table was used by username, wait or cancel"..

anyone who can help..

i have a screen shot of the 2 client..

thanks in advance..

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 07-Aug-2010 15:15

First, I'd rather post this to a more technical forum on this site, like http://communities.progress.com/pcom/community/psdn/openedge/abl

hi.. i've encounter a problem during accessing the server.

i have 2 client, my first client connect successfully  but the other says "table was used by username, wait or cancel"..

Second, this is not a networking problem. It's a programming problem.

Just a quick quess: Both clients are accessing the same record either in SHARE-LOCK or EXCLUSIVE-LOCK. Try changing those queries/FIND statements etc. that don't update a record to NO-LOCK.

If you are really updating a record, you have some issues with releasing the lock on UserRecordMst (FIND CURRENT UserRecordMst NO-LOCK or RELEASE UserRecordMst) or your transaction scope. Worst case the whole users session is a single transaction because of an issue in the login screen.

Posted by Admin on 07-Aug-2010 15:43

thank you sir..

now i know.

Posted by Admin on 09-Aug-2010 05:19

sir i got another problem..

"event logger error 997, could not post a 'OBF_PROGRESS'"

what do you think sir,

i just type proserve -db obf.db -H AREKUSHISU -S 12345 to proenv.

thanks in advance sir..

Posted by Admin on 09-Aug-2010 05:44

You should look up the error message (5180) in the Progress K-Base. But this error can safely be ignored.

Progress isn't able to post messages to the windows event log. Usually an installtion or rights issues. Or the log may be full.

Posted by Admin on 09-Aug-2010 06:21

ok.. sir thanks again..

This thread is closed