Chicago User Groups

Posted by Megan Gouveia on 07-Dec-2012 15:12

Happy Holidays - Chicago Area Progress Users:

I hope your software has been checked lately, because we are hosting a meeting on 12/12/12. This is the last day that all 3 digit pairs will be the same until January 1st, 2101. I am looking forward to that date!

Thank you for those who have responded to my request for topics. After studying the topic suggestions, we are pleased  to have the following topics and presenters. If your topic wasn’t selected this time, I will try to select your topic at a  future meeting.

Progress Software is again providing excellent presenters to make your attendance very worthwhile!

David Moloney, Principal Software Engineer-OpenEdge and a lead authority on DataServer products, will detail Best  Practices to Access a SQL Server Database Through the OpenEdge Environment. As a member of the Server Tools group in the OpenEdge division, David has contributed to the development of many other products including the  AppServer, Admin Server, Unified Broker and the OpenEdge language core (Advanced Business Language or ABL).  For many companies that are working in a hybrid IT environment, this presentation will provide valuable information  and insights in establishing and maintaining SQL Server connectivity requirements. The SQL DataServer will be  highlighted.

Mary Szekely, one of the original founders of Progress Software, will be joining us via WebEx to present Considerations in Developing Software in a Multi-Tenant Environment. Mary is the main architect and designer on  OpenEdge Multi-Tenant ABL programming. Mary’s talk will cover a lot of ground including tenant creation basics,  regular tenant programming and tenant table groups. Helpful code snippets are included throughout the presentation.  In addition to being an entertaining speaker, Mary possesses an in depth knowledge that few people have with the  OpenEdge product. Make sure you come prepared with good questions to ask Mary.

This meeting will be on Wednesday, December 12th, 2012, from 4:00-7:00 pm at Progress’ Regional office:

Progress Software Corporation
  2215 York Road
  Lower Level
  Oak Brook, IL 60523

RSVP: paul@pgasmarts.com

Food and refreshments will be served. Please RSVP for the user group meeting no later than 12/09/12. Space will be limited.

Please contact me should you have any questions or suggestions. As always, I look forward to seeing you.

Sincerely,

Paul Guggenheim
  Chairperson,
  Chicago Progress Users Group
  (847) 926-9800
paul@pgasmarts.com

All Replies

This thread is closed