Online database update - strange behaviour

Posted by goo on 01-Feb-2020 09:39

We are running a test environment where we have pasoe 12.0 running against an 11.7 AppServer where database also is running. 

The pasoe is running a webhandler where all calls are based on appserver calls to 11.7. This is done before we upgrade to 12. 

Yesterday we had an situation where I got a crc error on a server procedure running on 11.7. It complained about the the online upgrade that was done. 

The upgrade of the db (adding one extra field and one extra index to a table)  was done during the night, and in the morning I tested both the pasoe service and everything seemed to work as it should, I was able to get data from the table in play, using the same server-proecedure that it start to complain about later the same day. 

I recompiled the procedure, but nothing happend, same error. Then I restarted pasoe 12., still I got the same error. At the end, I tok down the appserver on 11.7, and then I found one haning appserver process that did not stop, I waited 5 minutes before I desided to kill the process.

After restart, everything was running smoothly. 

So now we are afraid of the ONLINE update of database, or is it so that we should have restarted all appservers after this online update of the database?

//Geir Otto

All Replies

This thread is closed