AI Writer Crash with Access Violation in Openedge 11.7.1 and

Posted by dana on 04-Mar-2019 16:04

Has anyone had an issue where the AI writer crashes in 11.7.1 Randomly?  We are seeing this issue on multiple systems and have no idea what could be causing the crash to occur. We logged a case with Progress support who appears to be grasping at straws to figure it out as well. Maybe someone has had a similar issue and resolved the issue.

All Replies

Posted by wqiu on 04-Mar-2019 16:27

Yes. Development just found an issue on 32 bits OE only. The issue is related to AIW and might cause AIW crashes. We are working on a fix. At the moment, turning off AIW or even disable AI(replaced by frequent backup) might be temporary options if you experience frequent crashes. Note, it is a race condition for 32 bits OE only.

Thanks

Wei Q

Posted by dana on 04-Mar-2019 16:37

What does development think the exact issue is and why is it only related to 32 Bit OE? What can be done code wise to prevent it? Turning off AI altogether is not really an option.

Posted by dana on 04-Mar-2019 16:37

What does development think the exact issue is and why is it only related to 32 Bit OE? What can be done code wise to prevent it? Turning off AI altogether is not really an option.

Posted by wqiu on 04-Mar-2019 16:43

The issue is related to a particular behavior for 32 bit compiler.  We are actively working on the fix as one of our top priorities. We estimate that a fix will be available soon.

Posted by dana on 04-Mar-2019 19:06

I understand that this is an issue that is in 11.7.1 . Will there be a patch for 11.7.1?   For our 1200+ customer systems its hard to imagine to both test 11.7.4 and a patch and much easier to consume a patch on 11.7.1

Posted by Richard Banville on 04-Mar-2019 19:39

You will need to go through Technical Support to request a patch for your particular release and platform.

Posted by wqiu on 04-Mar-2019 19:42

I understand your situation. It is a very reasonable concern. I will take your opinion back to our PM. We will definitely pick an option that would be best fit for our customers.

Thanks

Wei Q.

This thread is closed