Progress OpenEdge Appbuilder Section Editor

Posted by Alejandro Aragon on 23-Sep-2018 12:47

Hi,

i can't see the code inside section editor triggers button when the code it's too long,

I can open this program (.w) in version 10 and i can see the code, but in 11 version the code dissapear, another thing is that if i open the file(.w) with the procedure editor i can see all the code of the button,

Do you know if exist a startup parameter for appbuilder in which i can increase the number of lines to open, or if there is an issue with 11 version to see large trigger procedure's?

The picture is about the same program open in section editor and procedure editor, the question is why in section editor i cant see the code?, where can i modify the settings to see the code in section editor?

Thanks!

Posted by Peter Judge on 24-Sep-2018 09:03

The appbuilder uses temp-table (character) fields to hold the section editor data. When that exceeds ~32k then you run into problems.

If you don't want to use an internal procedure or other external call, you can use an include.

All Replies

Posted by goo on 23-Sep-2018 12:52

Can you show a screendump of it?

Posted by goo on 23-Sep-2018 12:52

Can you show a screendump of it?

Posted by Alejandro Aragon on 23-Sep-2018 13:35

I have updated the post with the picture, thanks,

Posted by goo on 24-Sep-2018 01:09

Why not make an internal procedure and Call that instead of having that large chunck of triggercode?

run onChooseOfBtnCarga.

Maybe that will do the trick?

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 24-Sep-2018 06:18

It's probably a bug. Please log a bug with Tech Support.

Posted by Peter Judge on 24-Sep-2018 09:03

The appbuilder uses temp-table (character) fields to hold the section editor data. When that exceeds ~32k then you run into problems.

If you don't want to use an internal procedure or other external call, you can use an include.

Posted by James Palmer on 24-Sep-2018 09:09

I would also strongly suggest looking to move to Progress Developer Studio instead of AppBuilder. I know there are still some areas where this is tricky, but the vast majority of problems are resolved, and it has a lot of great features!

This thread is closed