ProLint in OpenEdge 11.5 (64 bit)

Posted by MarkT on 09-Mar-2015 15:41

Hi All,

I've managed to get prolint running on a 10.2B version of Progress but when I follow the exact same instructions and apply it to my 11.5 version of OpenEdge it falls over with "Could not find class or interface org.prorefactor.core.JPNode (12886)."  The only major difference between them (other than the version!) is that I run prowin32.exe on version 10.2B and prowin.exe on 11.5.  Is there a different version of the proparse dlls for 64 bit systems?  Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

Mark

Posted by Mike Fechner on 09-Mar-2015 15:52

We started extending proparse a while ago and added also new keywords. The new version definitively works on 11.5 – 64 bit as well.

Download[collapse] from:

https://github.com/consultingwerk/proparse

Assemblies:

<assembly name="IKVM.OpenJDK.Core, Version=7.2.4630.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=13235d27fcbfff58"/>
<assembly name="IKVM.Runtime, Version=7.2.4630.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=13235d27fcbfff58"/>
<assembly name="proparse.net, Version=4.0.1.1114, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cda1b098b1034b24"/>

The git repository contains the binaries of the assemblies as well. Proparse in the root folder, IKVM in the ikvmbin folder.

Absolutely no warranties!

[/collapse]

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 09-Mar-2015 15:52

We started extending proparse a while ago and added also new keywords. The new version definitively works on 11.5 – 64 bit as well.

Download[collapse] from:

Assemblies:

<assembly name="IKVM.OpenJDK.Core, Version=7.2.4630.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=13235d27fcbfff58"/>
<assembly name="IKVM.Runtime, Version=7.2.4630.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=13235d27fcbfff58"/>
<assembly name="proparse.net, Version=4.0.1.1114, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cda1b098b1034b24"/>

The git repository contains the binaries of the assemblies as well. Proparse in the root folder, IKVM in the ikvmbin folder.

Absolutely no warranties!

[/collapse]

Posted by MarkT on 11-Mar-2015 05:47

Hi Mike,

Thanks loads for the github link, it looks like some good work!  I tried replacing the updated assembly files but still no luck.  I assume I must be doing something more fundamental wrong, it's strange that in 10.2b my icons seems aware of the assemblies but in 11.5 it doesn't.

Thanks,

Mark

Posted by MarkT on 11-Mar-2015 10:19

Hi Mike,

Those assembly files did work in the end.. a mistake on my part!

Thanks,

Mark

Posted by Gpandye on 18-Mar-2015 05:47

Hi Mark,

I am also getting that error with 11.4, "Could not find class or interface org.prorefactor.core.JPNode (12886)."

I modified assembly files as suggested by Mike, but still facing the same error in Prolint.p, please let me know what modification you did in order to resolve it.

Thanks in advance.

Ganesh

Posted by MarkT on 24-Mar-2015 11:37

Hi Ganesh,

Sorry I didn't see this reply as I was away.

I basically just added "-assemblies C:\project\prolint" in the Progress OpenEdge properties startup parameters.

That directory contains the assemblies xml file along with the dlls referenced in that file.

If you've added them correctly you will see "Referenced Assemblies" appear in your project, drill down into that and you should see your 3 new assemblies - where you should be able to view in class browser.  Prolint.p should now work fine.

Hope that helps,

Mark

Posted by Gpandye on 26-Mar-2015 09:42

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info, as you suggested i added assemblies path in OE and it is showing in properties window as well, the issue is i was using Prolint with old assemblies files earlier and now if i am switching to the new files it is showing that error, it is working with old assemblies file though. i am using OE 11.4.

I also checked if somehow old DLLs are registered in my machine (checked in registry), but no luck, not sure where else to look.

Regards,

Ganesh

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 28-Mar-2015 16:21

Does one need to add both the startup parameter under the main Progress OpenEdge page in Project Properties and point to the assemblies.xml file in the Assemblies page?

What is the "default" location on the Assemblies page?

Posted by Mike Fechner on 28-Mar-2015 16:25

Don’t use the –assemblies startup parameter for the project AVM. There was a 10.2B service pack where that was required due to OEA bugs. But that’s historic.

Well, Dr. Hursh, the default value for the –assemblies startup parameter is the working directory. So I’d assume that is what “default value” refers to.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 28-Mar-2015 16:37

So, other than writing code to use it, is there an easy way to see that the setup is correct and ready to go?

I can't imagine wanting to put it in the working directory.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 28-Mar-2015 16:40

Compile some code?
.NET Access is strong typed. So compile will fail when the required Assemblies are not available.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 28-Mar-2015 16:40

There seems to be a paucity of set up information other than the guide for installing ProLint, which gives Proparse limited coverage.   Am I missing something?   I know I did all this with some experiments with Proparse scripting ... but that was like 4 years ago so the details are a little faint.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 28-Mar-2015 16:44

Never looked at the ProLint setup instructions. So I cannot comment.
The Assembly management is well documented in the GUI for .NET developer guide.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 28-Mar-2015 16:47

Well, right, but I haven't written the code yet so I thought I could check that whether I *was* ready to write code.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 28-Mar-2015 16:49

Right, but the -assemblies piece is pretty simple ... once one has a few bits of information.   I seem to remember that there was other setup activities one needed to do to use Proparse.

Posted by Gpandye on 31-Mar-2015 07:31

Hi Mike,

I am using 11.4 (i had 10.2b earlier, i removed it and installed 11.4), now when i am using new assemblies in project it is showing in referenced assemblies but with a cross, also in class browser it shows as (not available), and when i selects it it shows below info -

Assembly IKVM.OpenJDK.Core

Location: IKVM.OpenJDK.Core, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=13235d27fcbfff58

Note:

This assembly is not available to the Class Browser.

The assembly could not be loaded from the global assembly cache or from the assembly directory of the project.

Please suggest.

Posted by Gpandye on 24-Jun-2015 09:03

Finally after some searching, i got it fixed. there is one solution in KB knowledgebase.progress.com/.../000036394, it was for some other issue but similar to my dll loading problem, so i created files as per the solution and its working now.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 24-Jun-2015 09:31

A few more keywords have been added in release 1117.

github.com/.../releases

This thread is closed