Community - Contribute and answer through emails

Posted by Jean Richert on 31-Mar-2014 09:50

Hi all,

A few weeks ago we have enabled our Community email gateway. In other words, once you have subscribed to a forum, you'll then:

- receive an email notification for each new thread created in the forums you've subscribed.
- if you want to answer back a thread for which you received an email notification, you can just hit "reply" on your email client.
- your email answer will be added to the forum thread to which you just replied.

Similarly, you can also create a new thread through emails by sending your question to the forum's corresponding email address.

Forums email addresses are available:
- Through our sitemap: https://community.progress.com/p/aboutthecommunity.aspx

Posted by James Palmer on 31-Mar-2014 09:53

This is great Jean. Is the software clever enough to parse out email signatures and quoted portions of the thread to keep things ship-shape?

Posted by James Palmer on 31-Mar-2014 10:00

I suppose I can test this myself… J

James Palmer | Application Developer
Tel: 01253 785103 | Fax: 01253 785001 | Web: www.inenco.com | Twitter : @inenco

footer