Are You Challenging ?

Posted by gus on 24-Mar-2014 08:40

The 2014 Americas PUG Challenge is coming, the 2014 Americas PUG Challenge is coming !!!!
Are you ready?  No? Then get ready. Do it now.
Are you registered yet? You should be!
We have another excellent set of sessions lined up for you this year:

See http://pugchallenge.org/agenda.html  for session information, with more to come as we round out the agenda and schedule!
The PUG Challenge Conference is:
  • Technical: 50+ breakout sessions over 3 days!
  • Put on by Progress User Groups, for Progress users
  • Focused: 14 time slots that you can attend a breakout!
  • Varied:  Topics covering the 4GL, database, integration, complementary technologies and more!
  • Practical: Topics cover the technology that you actually have as well as The Next Big Thing!
  • Inexpensive:  Early bird registration is just $475 and the hotel room rate just $99/night!
  • Relaxing:  No loud bands or circus acts -- just a couple hundred of your peers and Progress engineers being geeks together!
  • The best conference this side of the Atlantic
  • Fun !
June 8-11, Westford MA
Where techies go to learn about Progress!
Register today at http://pugchallenge.org/register.html

All Replies

Posted by James Palmer on 24-Mar-2014 08:48

Will there be beer? ;)

Posted by jmls on 24-Mar-2014 08:53

of course there's beer. At one of the sessions last conference,
members of the audience got bottles of beer for being nasty to the
panel ..

*sobs*

;)

--
Julian Lyndon-Smith
IT Director,

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of
low price is forgotten"

Follow dot.r on http://twitter.com/DotRlimited

Posted by James Palmer on 24-Mar-2014 08:58

Crikey! Wish I'd been there! :D

Posted by jmls on 24-Mar-2014 09:03

that's why you *need* to be in June ;)

--
Julian Lyndon-Smith
IT Director,
dot.r
http://www.dotr.com

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of
low price is forgotten"

Follow dot.r on http://twitter.com/DotRlimited

Posted by James Palmer on 24-Mar-2014 09:09

Very persuasive argument really. Think I'll go to Dusseldorf in autumn instead though.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 24-Mar-2014 09:13

Or in Düsseldorf, Germany in November.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of
low price is forgotten"

Follow dot.r on
http://twitter.com/DotRlimited

Posted by jmls on 24-Mar-2014 09:18

how about both ? Not the same program ;)

--
Julian Lyndon-Smith
IT Director,
dot.r
http://www.dotr.com

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of
low price is forgotten"

Follow dot.r on http://twitter.com/DotRlimited

Posted by Peter Judge on 24-Mar-2014 09:28

Julian's just upset because his cheating out-of-band-optimising ways were exposed early on (he had a ringer in the audience :)

-- peter

[collapse]

--
Julian Lyndon-Smith
IT Director,
dot.r
http://www.dotr.com

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of
low price is forgotten"

Follow dot.r on http://twitter.com/DotRlimited

Posted by jmls on 24-Mar-2014 09:43

one man's " cheating/out-of-band-optimising" is another man's
"entrepreneurial techniques"

--
Julian Lyndon-Smith
IT Director,
dot.r
http://www.dotr.com

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of
low price is forgotten"

Follow dot.r on http://twitter.com/DotRlimited[/collapse]

Posted by Peter Judge on 24-Mar-2014 09:53

Ah. Clearly I belong to the "challenged" camp. ;)

[collapse]

--
Julian Lyndon-Smith
IT Director,
dot.r
http://www.dotr.com

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of
low price is forgotten"

Follow dot.r on http://twitter.com/DotRlimited

[/collapse][/collapse]

Posted by ChUIMonster on 24-Mar-2014 10:12

All of the above!

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 25-Mar-2014 19:50

I'll be there talking about OO Events... :)

Posted by Mike Fechner on 26-Mar-2014 00:19

I'll be having a few presentations there as well ... :-)

Posted by jmls on 26-Mar-2014 01:42

Boys, boys. You should know by now it's not the size of your presentations that matters, but what you do with them....

[collapse]
I'll be having a few presentations there as well ... :-)

Posted by Mike Fechner on 26-Mar-2014 01:51

Aren't they all same size?

This thread is closed