KB site change?

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 11-Dec-2013 14:33

Today when I click on PANS links I get a browser warning about Flash content before accessing KB Articles.  Did something change in the last day or so?  Do KB articles now contain Flash content?

Posted by Frank Meulblok on 16-Jan-2014 10:12

This could be related to the fact that we're starting to publish articles with embedded videos, example:

How to submit an idea for a Progress product enhancement

This uses the YouTube player, which AFAIK is Flash-based

All Replies

Posted by Jean Richert on 16-Jan-2014 08:30

Hi Rob,

Just saw your post... Let me find out and someone or myself will get back to you.

Posted by Frank Meulblok on 16-Jan-2014 10:12

This could be related to the fact that we're starting to publish articles with embedded videos, example:

How to submit an idea for a Progress product enhancement

This uses the YouTube player, which AFAIK is Flash-based

Posted by Chris Harris on 16-Jan-2014 10:34

Hi Rob,

Would you provide the browser version you are using and the PANs article you clicked on?  When I tried this I wasn't able to immediately see this behavior.

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 16-Jan-2014 11:29

There's a chance I would have remembered those details if you had asked me a month ago ;)  Food for thought.

I'll let you know if it happens again.

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 16-Jan-2014 11:31

Also, I note that "this question is answered".  We can agree to disagree on that.  

It strikes me as odd that someone other than the questioner can state that the question has been answered.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 16-Jan-2014 11:55

Did you notice, though, that you can scroll back to the supposed answer and reject it ... but then so can I, apparently! :)

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 16-Jan-2014 11:57

Then perhaps that feature needs to be re-evaluated as well.

This thread is closed