AppServer architecture vs. Sonic

Posted by ojfoggin on 31-Jul-2009 06:13

The company I work for is using an AppServer set up at the moment and I am currently trying to improve performance over the network and specifically get the client software speed to improve.

A few people have suggested Sonic as a mean of messaging technology but I don't really know much about Sonic.

I have seen the diagrams but I can't work out how it is different or how it would replace an AppServer.

Is there some documentation that shows the benefits or a comparison of AppServer to Sonic?

Also, what is the difference between Sonic ESB and Sonic MQ?

If someone could give me a brief run down so I can get a loose understanding I would feel more confident in reading and understanding the documentation.

Thanks for your help.

Oliver

All Replies

Posted by ojfoggin on 31-Jul-2009 07:58

It appears I have found my answers in a very nice article written by Vijay and an archive of webinars.

I'll give them a looksy over the weekend.

Posted by Admin on 31-Jul-2009 08:00

It appears I have found my answers in a very nice article written by Vijay and an archive of webinars.

Do you mind sharing the links with us?

Posted by ojfoggin on 31-Jul-2009 08:16

No problemo,

The webinars are located here... Sonic webinars link

and the article which is a very brief sort of "which Sonic technology do I need" article is loacted here... Choosing between Sonic versions link

Sorry, the article was written by Arthur Daltas.  The first comment was by Vijay and I mistook his name as the author.  Thanks

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 31-Jul-2009 11:42

I highly recommend Dave Chappell's book "Enterprise Service Bus" from O'Reilly as a way to get into understanding ESBs and messaging in general.

This thread is closed