Progress 9.1D label a TOTAL BY phrase?

Posted by Admin on 03-Aug-2009 07:31

Is there a way to create a custom label for totals when using the TOTAL BY phrase in a DISPLAY statement? (I am on version 9.1D)

Here is a sample statement I am using currently, which only labels the word "TOTAL" to the right of the total line.  I would like to have the department number, facility number, or Natural Class to the left of the total.  I know I could do this by re-writing a lot of code, but I am hoping there is an easier answer as I have 7 fields that need these totals.

DISPLAY

Wrdkhrs (TOTAL BY Dept BY Facwk BY Ncwk)

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 03-Aug-2009 07:53

neilo13 schrieb:

Is there a way to create a custom label for totals when using the TOTAL BY phrase in a DISPLAY statement? (I am on version 9.1D)

Here is a sample statement I am using currently, which only labels the word "TOTAL" to the right of the total line.  I would like to have the department number, facility number, or Natural Class to the left of the total.  I know I could do this by re-writing a lot of code, but I am hoping there is an easier answer as I have 7 fields that need these totals.

DISPLAY

Wrdkhrs (TOTAL BY Dept BY Facwk BY Ncwk)

Did you try

DISPLAY

Wrdkhrs (TOTAL BY Dept BY Facwk BY Ncwk) LABEL "your custom label"

or

DISPLAY

Wrdkhrs (TOTAL BY Dept BY Facwk BY Ncwk) COLUMN-LABEL "your custom column label"

Posted by Admin on 03-Aug-2009 09:19

I tried this and did not get a compile error, but did not get a label either.  Where should this be placing the label?  Maybe my frame is not wide enough.

DISPLAY

Wrdkhrs (TOTAL BY Dept BY Facwk BY Ncwk) LABEL "your custom label"

The column label option worked, but not how I need.

This thread is closed