SonicMQ 7.6 C++ Client

Posted by Admin on 09-Oct-2009 20:25

I have recently updated my 6.1 sonic c++ client with the newer 7.6 sonic c++ client. While using the 6.1 client, I had fixed numerous crashes and memory leaks. I discovered some fundamental infrastructure issues with the 6.1 client as well that were very difficult to resolve. These lead to deadlocks and other nasty issues. I was hoping that by moving to the 7.6 client I could save myself a lot of extra work.

I merged in the new 7.6 c++ client and immediately had issues with that as well. After fixing numerous minor memory leaks and crashes, I am now faced with a much larger problem. These is a severe memory leak in the 7.6 client when handling inbound mgrams. It basically renders the client completely useless for any commercial production level use. I have detailed memory allocation traces that highlight the areas of code where the leaks are occurring. They mainly stem from mgram.c.

Any developers out there with experience developing the sonic c++ client? Referrals to any developers who have worked on the sonic c++ client would be welcome as well.

Regards,

David Chappelle

Senior Software Engineer

All Replies

This thread is closed