AppBuilder - Keywords do not appear in blue anymore since Ar

Posted by Admin on 18-Jan-2010 07:59

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on this problem. Since installing Architect, when I open a .p or .w in procedure editor or appbuilder, all the code appears in black whereas before the keywords e.g. define, assign, no-undo, no-error etc would appear in blue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Derek

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 18-Jan-2010 08:06

Looks like you don't have an OpenEdge Studio license installed, just OpenEdge Architect.

Posted by Admin on 18-Jan-2010 08:12

Thanks for the quick response Mike, what are the other differences between these two licenses?

Posted by Admin on 18-Jan-2010 08:21

OEA contains the Eclipse IDE.

OpenEdge Studio does not contain Eclipse. Therefore it still contains the color coded section editor based on a commercial active X component. When you have a PSDN subscription, install both licenses.

Otherwise discuss with Prorgess to get hand's on a eval copy for the other tool (12 months or so).

Posted by Admin on 18-Jan-2010 08:54

In terms of cost saving as it seems a little excessive to obtain a whole new license just to enable the keywords in blue, is there not a third party active x control that can handle this?

Thanks again

Posted by Admin on 18-Jan-2010 09:16

The eval license is free! Just costs a chat with your sales-rep or technical account manager.

It's a stupid solution, I know - and it costs progress usually hours of internal discussion/administration. I hope sometimes this will be removed by dropping OpenEdge Studio and making OpenEdge Architect the default (and only) IDE that also includes the color coding in the section editor / procedure editor.

Posted by Admin on 18-Jan-2010 09:20

That's fair enough then. Thanks again for the help Mike, shame there isn't an easier work-around!

Derek

Posted by Admin on 18-Jan-2010 09:36

I hope sometime soon somebody at Progress finds out that the whole processing effort at their end if far more expensive than the royalties for the Editor Active X they are trying to save.

This thread is closed