Need some help for Sonic ESB 6.1

Posted by Admin on 23-Mar-2010 22:53

Hi,

I am new to Sonic ESB v6.1 and Sonic MQ v6.1 althought I have a good knowledge of Sonic workbench v7.0 onwards as my present client is using Sonic ESB v6.1.

I am facing some issues while working with v6.1 can some body help me to give some documents,white papers,tutorilas about how to create custom services in Sonic ESB V6.1.

Also I need configration Tutorial or any docs  for SAP Iway adapter and Qextend adapter to connect to sonic mq and ESB v6.1.

Thanks in advance.

Vivek

All Replies

Posted by tsteinbo on 24-Mar-2010 04:58

The XQService programming modell did not change between 6.1 and 7.0. So everything you know still applies.

So if you can point out what you stumble uppon we can help. But again, it is the same programming model.

For the adapters I have to defer to others.

Posted by Admin on 24-Mar-2010 05:32

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your immidiate reply..I am fully agree with your wors but in Sonic V6.1 they are using Stylus studio Integration..I really dont know how to create custom services on that and also in Sonic 7.6..it is like a wizard where..simply by following..the wizard I can create the custom services...automatically .java,.esbtype and .properties file gets created...and also..we need to write only our customized java code...as per our requirement...and I suppose in Sonic 6.1 I have to create manually these files....so mainly I am stuck up on creating custom services....I will appriciate if you can give me the steps to create.or some rough idea for..custom services in Sonic 6.1.

Thank you very much.

Vivek

Posted by tsteinbo on 24-Mar-2010 05:52

Just double checking that you indeed want to do new development in 6.1? I hope you not since this version is well past end of life afaik. We are about to release version 8.0.

Anyway, I would suggest that you use the 7.0 Wizards as templates, but then copy it over to a deticated 6.1 Eclipse project, swap the classpath entries and off you go and compile it. Deploying to the domain is done with the ESB Explorer. Find the import button to import the service type. Stylus is not used for any of that. If I remember correctly it was just used for Orchestration Server process modelling.

My 2 cents

Thomas

Posted by Admin on 24-Mar-2010 06:55

yaa you are right..its not a devlopement work...support actually but..I need to devlope some times also for enhancements...on weekly basis thats why I was asking...but the custom service is in the stylus studio pallet...thats why I was asking for...any ways..thanks for the help I am already doing the same..as told by you....but if you find any document relating to this please help me out.

Thanks,

Vivek

Posted by tsteinbo on 24-Mar-2010 07:50

You can search the user guide from our knowledge base at http://web.progress.com/de/support/index.html

Click the Sonic one and then check the 6.1 docs. Search for "service type" and it comes up with the Sonic ESB Developer's Guide V6.1

Thomas

Posted by Bill Wood on 11-Apr-2010 06:47

vivsfun wrote:

... in Sonic V6.1 they are using Stylus studio Integration..I really dont know how to create custom services on that and also in Sonic 7.6..it is like a wizard where..simply by following..the wizard I can create the custom services...automatically .java,.esbtype and .properties file gets created...and also..we need to write only our customized java code...as per our requirement...and I suppose in Sonic 6.1 I have to create manually these files....so mainly I am stuck up on creating custom services....I will appriciate if you can give me the steps to create.or some rough idea for..custom services in Sonic 6.1.

Version 6.1 of Sonic did not have the Eclipse IDE for Workbench and the developer tools were in add-ons to Stylus Studio. 

A big shortcoming here was the lack of a java IDE. 

You should use Eclipse (or anything) and build services as if they are Java.  You should use ESB Explorer and ESBAdmin to upload and modify the serviceType and service configuration files. (That is, what the .esbstyp project does in Workbench, you have to do manually).

This thread is closed