help with progress 9.0d

Posted by rogeliolt on 03-Mar-2011 15:53

Hi friends, I need your help, I have a project but my project work with a resolution of 1280 * 1024.

But now I need work with a resolution of 1280 * 800.

Somebody know a way to work with auto-resolution?

How I can work with Auto-resolution?

Where is the property of Auto-resolution?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 03-Mar-2011 16:06

rogeliolt schrieb:

Hi friends, I need your help, I have a project but my project work with a resolution of 1280 * 1024.

But now I need work with a resolution of 1280 * 800.

Somebody know a way to work with auto-resolution?

How I can work with Auto-resolution?

Where is the property of Auto-resolution?

I assume you are talking about an ABL application that was developed for a target resolution of 1280 * 1024.

Resizing in the ABL is possible, however more challenging than in other environments. Especially down-sizing. Frame's don't like to get smaller than theri contents.

Nothing works automatically (no auto-resolution, Dock or Anchor properties).

Two approaches: You may try to use a smaller set of Fonts in the progress.ini file (or registry), but also make the default fonts smaller. Then the app is based on character units, not pixels that should help a lot. I will require re-compilation as the UI element sizes are calculated usually at compile time.

The ohter approach requires custom coding, reacting to the window-resize event and calculating the size from outside to inside. Works much better for scaling to higher resolutions, that the other way around.

You may try the ResizeLib from Branjar Hasle, available at: http://www.chemistry.no/  for a good sample of universal resizing.

Posted by rogeliolt on 03-Mar-2011 16:18

My friend thank you, well I think that progress work with a property auto but not matter.

Ok, I work with you comment thanks again.

This thread is closed