Web service deploying

Posted by riemaxi on 03-Jul-2011 05:45

Hi

I have created a very simple hello world web service and everything went as a walk in the park ... until I had to deploy it.

Here is where I am;

1- I opened the Management Console (web). The windows application doesn't work on Windows :-) ...

2- I navigated to resources

3- There I found a already created  web service container under the webservice adapter menu, and clicked on it.

4- I found the command: Deploy web service

5- I don't know what to do at this point because that is disabled.

Am I missing something?

I would appreciate any help.

//Sam

All Replies

Posted by Peter Judge on 05-Jul-2011 08:47

riemaxi wrote:

Hi

I have created a very simple hello world web service and everything went as a walk in the park ... until I had to deploy it.

Here is where I am;

1- I opened the Management Console (web). The windows application doesn't work on Windows :-) ...

2- I navigated to resources

3- There I found a already created  web service container under the webservice adapter menu, and clicked on it.

4- I found the command: Deploy web service

5- I don't know what to do at this point because that is disabled.

Am I missing something?

I would appreciate any help.

//Sam

Short answer is make sure you have Tomcat running and configured first. You also need the WSA product installed (it's a separate download from ESD).

Take a look at the doc in the OpenEdge Development:Web Services book; there's a section on "Creating OpenEdge Web Services".

Posted by riemaxi on 05-Jul-2011 21:23

Hi Peter

Thanks for your answer.

I am 100% sure that Tomcat and AWS are installed and running because I already tested a webservice which is provided as example,

as you read in the pint 3:

I tested that existing webservice by followinf a tutorial and it works like a charm.

My problem is not in tha installation of the core services, but in the deployment of my custom webservice.

//Sam

This thread is closed