Am I too suspicous ?

Posted by jmls on 31-Jul-2011 14:32

this smacks so much like a spam or attempt to lure me to a dodgy site. Anyone else got this message ?

Can progress verify that it is genuine ? If so, you guys *really* need to improve the message.

from noreply-ddsupport@progress.com
to julian@dotr.com
date 31 July 2011 18:25
subject Customer Support Electronic Services Survey
mailed-by progress.com
hide details 18:25 (2 hours ago)
Dear Julian Lyndon-Smith

In an effort to provide the best customer support experience possible, we at Progress Software ask you to participate in a quick three (3) question survey on our electronic support services by Aug 15.
If you are unable to use the link provided above, please copy and past the following URL into your browser's address field to access the survey: https://vovici.com/wsb.dll/s/5c22g4bd7c?wsb55=0327

Thank you for your insights and comments.
Carol EsauVP Worldwide Customer SupportProgress Software

We value your participation, however, if you would like to be removed from future surveys, please email Progress Customer Support . Please include UNSUBSCRI! BE in the subject. Once we process your request we will remove you from future surveys.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 31-Jul-2011 14:36

this smacks so much like a spam or attempt to lure me to a dodgy site. Anyone else got this message ?

Yes.

Posted by jmls on 31-Jul-2011 14:41

Hmm. Unless you got spammed by the same person .... it just seems far too amateurish to have come from Progress (or a third party hired by Progress).

Pffffffffft. Perhaps my standards are too high .

Posted by Admin on 31-Jul-2011 14:51

it just seems far too amateurish to have come from Progress (or a third party hired by Progress).

I didn't think of it as spam. However messages from PSC on a Sunday are less than usual.

Posted by gus on 02-Aug-2011 13:46

No, they aren't too high.

That message could well be legit but I wouldn't count on it. I have seen quite a few equally amateurish looking ones from other surveys as well as ones that were not real.

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 03-Aug-2011 10:30

I got something like that too. If it weren't for how I was getting spammed by actual PSC TS "customer satisfaction" surveys in the past (including phone calls!) I would've suspected it as being phishy as well.

It's too bad PSC Sales aren't as pro-active.

This thread is closed