So, what do I choose

Posted by jmls on 17-Sep-2011 02:05

Trying to signup to this new supportlink thingy. Got through after swapping browsers (Chrome was not liked for some reason!) to firefox.

Now, I'm sitting at a screen that asks

STEP 1: Please select the area you would like to access:

Progress SupportLink

The SupportLink portal, part of the larger ProgressLink portal, will be your place to access the SupportLink application where you can search  our new knowledgebase, subscribe to the Progress Alert and Notification  Service (PANS), and manage all of your support cases with us. You are also able to download the latest software, access supported platform information, and receive the latest updates and announcements from Progress Software.

Progress PartnerLink

Progress is committed to the success and growth of our partners  in targeting new markets and customers leveraging the combined value of Progress Software and our Partners services. As part of our Global Alliance Partner Program, the PartnerLink  represents a key investment  designed with our service partners in mind to enable  speed to market, return on partner investment and successful customers .....

which do I choose ? Is it really one or the other ? Does PartnerLink include the Supportlink stuff ?

If I choose one, am I excluded from the other ?

Jeez.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 17-Sep-2011 02:11

Chrome was not liked for some reason!

Chrome works fine for me on SupportLink.

Posted by jmls on 17-Sep-2011 02:16

it always hung when trying to get to the initial sign on screen.

Firefox didn't. ymmv.

On 17 September 2011 08:11, Mike Fechner

Posted by jmls on 17-Sep-2011 02:35

urgh. Now I have to wait for someone to manually approve my application. Are you kidding ??

"Due to overwhelming demand we are currently experiencing longer  than expected processing times for SupportLink registrations.  We are  increasing the number of staff handling registration requests in an  effort to provide a better registration experience."

How about just automating the process with Progress and Savvion ? That combination can handle 10,000 requests per second, right ?

Frustrated.

Posted by Admin on 17-Sep-2011 02:46

urgh. Now I have to wait for someone to manually approve my application. Are you kidding ??

I was promised to get approved within 4 hours - that got 4 days in the end... Make sure you are using an email address from a business domain, no gmail or so.

Posted by jquerijero on 18-Oct-2011 10:02

Chrome is not working for me neither.

This thread is closed