Filename-parameter to an external DLL

Posted by bart.syryn on 15-Jun-2012 13:05

Hi,

OE10.1BSP03

Win7 64b

I need to pass a character variable to an external dll. 

The external dll expects a filename that can be loaded.  But the dll returns me the error 'File not found'.  I've checked 100 times and the file exists.  So I think there's something wrong with the character parameter.  I think that the DLL receives something else.  I use \\ instead of \ (C-convention etc) in the filename.  Adding CDECL in the procedure makes the progress-session crash, so that didn't solve my problem.

In the help-files of the DLL I find that it expects L_TCHAR. 

This means :

UNICODE types

L_TCHAR : Defined as either char or TCHAR. If FOR_UNICODE is defined, then L_TCHAR will be defined as TCHAR.

Please, can someone point me into the correct direction ?

Here's the codes :

DEF VAR L-char          AS CHAR NO-UNDO.

/* initialize L-bitmaphandle, is all correct because I used it in a previous run */

L-char = STRING("c:\\Disctemp\\1.tiff").

RUN L_LoadBitmap(INPUT L-char, INPUT GET-POINTER-VALUE(L-bitmaphandle),

INPUT GET-SIZE(L-bitmaphandle), INPUT 0, INPUT 0, INPUT 0, INPUT 0, OUTPUT L-status).

PROCEDURE L_LoadBitmap EXTERNAL "C:\Project\Scan\OCRProgress\LTFILU.dll" PERSISTENT:

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purpose:    

Parameters:  <none>

Notes:      

------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

DEFINE INPUT PARAMETER P-file             AS CHAR.

DEFINE INPUT PARAMETER P-bitmaphandle     AS LONG.

DEFINE INPUT PARAMETER P-size             AS LONG.

DEFINE INPUT PARAMETER P-bitsperpixel     AS LONG.

DEFINE INPUT PARAMETER P-colororder       AS LONG.

DEFINE INPUT PARAMETER P-loadoptions      AS LONG.

DEFINE INPUT PARAMETER P-fileinfo         AS LONG.

DEFINE RETURN PARAMETER P-status AS LONG.

END PROCEDURE.

Kind regards,

Bart Syryn

All Replies

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 18-Jun-2012 00:01

Out of curiosity I downloaded the v14 eval - it returns success and failure based on the file existing without any further adjustment.

The v17.5 eval (which is using unicode) is returning error code -10 (file not found) all the time.

According to the following:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/DC5EF03F3EEDCB9886257060007E8275?OpenDocument

Windows requires UTF-16 on unicode inputs.

Adjusting the string you pass with CODEPAGE-CONVERT( "c:\temp\mychart.png", "utf-16" ) does return a different result (error -825 ERROR_PNG_FILTER_MISSING) and crashes my client.

When the file name is incorrect -10 is returned.

Posted by bart.syryn on 18-Jun-2012 04:24

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for you help, but I still get error -10, file not found.  Strange thing is, when I use a 'png'-file, it workes the second time I try to load the 'png'-file, not the first time.  With a 'tiff'-file it's just not working.  But this is a question I'll post to the Leadtools support.

Are you willing to share the code that you used to test it with Leadtools 17.5.  You've got error -825, but that means you're missing a DLL.  You'll need to add some DLL's to the directory.  My problem is also that I don't know the size I have to set to a structure (in this case the bitmaphandle).  With trial and error, I set the size to 176, but maybe that's the problem.  How do you determine the size to set ?

Kind regards

Bart Syryn

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 18-Jun-2012 04:46

I'm not trying to actually use leadtools and only verifying that the file is found. My 'code' which I'm running from 10.2B06 32-bit on Windows Vista x64. I added the win32 dll folder to my PATH environment variable (otherwise some other dependency fails). I was only interested in getting the file to be found.

DEF VAR l-bitmaphandle  AS MEMPTR .

DEF VAR L-char          AS CHAR NO-UNDO.

DEF VAR l-status        AS INT.

SET-SIZE( l-bitmaphandle ) = 10000.

L-char = CODEPAGE-CONVERT( "c:\temp\mychart.png", "utf-16" ).

RUN L_LoadBitmap(

L-char,

GET-POINTER-VALUE(L-bitmaphandle),

GET-SIZE(L-bitmaphandle),

OUTPUT L-status

).

MESSAGE l-status VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX.

PROCEDURE L_LoadBitmap EXTERNAL "C:\LEADTOOLS 17.5\redist\CDLL\Win32\ltfilu.dll":

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purpose:   

Parameters: 

Notes:     

------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

DEFINE INPUT PARAMETER P-file             AS CHAR.

DEFINE INPUT PARAMETER P-bitmaphandle     AS LONG.

DEFINE INPUT PARAMETER P-size             AS LONG.

DEFINE INPUT PARAMETER P-bitsperpixel     AS LONG.

DEFINE INPUT PARAMETER P-colororder       AS LONG.

DEFINE INPUT PARAMETER P-loadoptions      AS LONG.

DEFINE INPUT PARAMETER P-fileinfo         AS LONG.

DEFINE RETURN PARAMETER P-status AS LONG.

END PROCEDURE.

This thread is closed