Progress 10.2b on linux... HELP

Posted by rogeliolt on 27-Sep-2012 22:47

hi... again... .

I install on my PC progress 10.2b, my PC have an OS Ubuntu 12.04, the installation was easy, but I don't know how start Progress on this OS, somebody help me... please...

thanks again.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 28-Sep-2012 01:47

rogeliolt wrote:

hi... again... .

I install on my PC progress 10.2b, my PC have an OS Ubuntu 12.04, the installation was easy, but I don't know how start Progress on this OS, somebody help me... please...

thanks again.

just type 'pro' in a terminal and there you go... nice looking IDE, a bit retro maybe but for those vi lovers out there would do

Posted by rogeliolt on 28-Sep-2012 12:35

Hi Marian... I Do it, but Linux, send me an error...

maybe... I need configure de PATH and the services...

Have you a simple manual???, PLEASE

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 28-Sep-2012 14:03

You should start with the installation manual.

http://communities.progress.com/pcom/docs/DOC-103525

Posted by rogeliolt on 29-Sep-2012 21:45

The command pro, works, but send me an error just like this "This Version of Progress requires a startup procedure"

later, try with the database sports, I type.

pro sports, but Progress say this... You don't have permission to connect a database on $DLC.

what I need to do now???

HELP

Posted by rohit.ramak on 30-Sep-2012 21:47

You cannot connect to a database residing in DLC directory. Create a copy of sports database in another direcotry and then connect to this new copy.

Posted by Admin on 01-Oct-2012 00:48

rogeliolt wrote:

The command pro, works, but send me an error just like this "This Version of Progress requires a startup procedure"

this usually means you don't have a development license installed, maybe just the database server was set-up on that linux box... try to run `proenv` and then `showcfg` will show you the current products installed, if you don't see any '4GL Development System' there then you can't do any development on that box, it will however allow you to run compiled code but then you have to provide the start-up program like `pro -p myApp.p`

Posted by Torben on 01-Oct-2012 03:05

Hi,

the databases in the installation directory are template databases used for creating your own database.

Use the command prodb to create your own database.

Sample:

prodb mysports2000 sports2000

Regards,

Torben

Posted by gus on 01-Oct-2012 12:27

at a minimum, you need to set an environment variable DLC to where you installed 10.2B and you need to add "$DLC/bin" to you PATH environment variable.

export DLC=/opt/progress/102b

export PATH=$DLC/bin:$PATH

then, in some suitable directory you can create a database by making a copy of the ones we provided, or a copy of some other one you have. thusly:

prodb demo demo

there are several sample databases provided.

to use the database in single-user mode

pro demo

to use the datbase in singleuser mode and run a 4gl program

pro demo -p program.p

to start a database server in mulituser mode

proserve demo

to stop the server

proshut demo -by

to use a database in multiuser mode

mpro demo

Posted by rogeliolt on 11-Jan-2013 18:01

I can do it...

I never insert the other keys for the installation...

in this moment my Progress works so good.

THANKS EVERYBODY

This thread is closed