Using Microsoft Word

Posted by markagrady on 30-Jul-2013 16:43

I need help in getting Progress code to work with Microsoft Word.  I have a lpt working, but need help with how to "Insert Cover Page", "Fill in fields on the cover Page",  "Insert Table of Contents", "Setting up page numbers in the footer of each page using Bold Numbers 3 style", "Updating the Table of Contents", and "Saving the Word document as a docx and a pdf file".I have tried multiple ways and I am still unable to determine the correct code to use for this function.  I appreciate any help.I also posted a previous thread with the code, but it ends up with no formatting and is extremely hard to read.

All Replies

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 31-Jul-2013 20:11

Try using a monospace typeface like Courier New when you post code. Try pasting it first into an editor like Notepad or similar to ensure it contains line breaks, then paste into the browser.  You're more likely to get help if you can post legible code.

Example:

/* this is some code */

display "hello world".

If that doesn't work for you, attach the code to your post as a text file.

Posted by markagrady on 13-Aug-2013 15:13

Attached is a program file showing how to create MS Word document.  I cheated some since there was several features I could not figure out how to get to work the way I wanted.  I created a Word file with a cover page the way I wanted it to appear, put in the Table of Contents to look the way I wanted, added the page numbers to the bottom of the page the way I wanted, and created a macro in the document to allow the table of contents to be updated when I finished processing.  Everything else was done from Progress.  I have included the MS Word document I used as well.  I hope this helps someone.

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/27/MS-Word-Program.txt.zip:550:0]

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/27/Nichols-Item-Catalog-Test.docm:550:0]

This thread is closed