Using .net dll in progress

Posted by trsandoval on 14-Aug-2013 15:42

I have creaed a .net dll in C# using visual Studio 2012.  I now want to use it in my progress app.  I understand that I need to Add a reference  to the dll using proasmref.  When I try to do that I get "Not Valid Assembly".   The only infomation I have been able to find tells me that error is caused when trying to register a 64 bit dll. In order to correct that, all I need to do is compile the dll using the "Any CPU" option.  I have done that and I still get the error.  Any advise I can get with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank You,Thomas Sandoval

All Replies

Posted by alex.mcgill@redprairie.com on 15-Aug-2013 04:00

Thank you for your email. I am currently on annual leave till Monday, 19th August. Please expect a delay in my response; however, should you require immediate assistance; please contact the JDA Solution Line at 0113 821 3333.

Posted by Admin on 15-Aug-2013 04:00

Version of Progress and version of .NET?

Posted by trsandoval on 15-Aug-2013 15:14

Progress Openedge 10.2b.Net 4.5. I have other versions of .Net Installed on my machine if I need to change.  My .dll references another 3rd party .dll of which I know little about.  I believe it is .Net dll as well.

Posted by Admin on 15-Aug-2013 15:29

For OE 10.2B you need to be using .NET 2.0 or 3.x Assemblies only.

This thread is closed