OE 12.2. DK

Posted by bswenning on 08-Apr-2020 16:50

I tried to download and install the OE 12.2 Classroom DK, but when I went to extract it I received an error message that said that the zip file could not be opened and the file was invalid.  I used the Download manager.  How can I obtain the 12.2 classroom developer kit?  any ideas?

All Replies

Posted by Deborah Tamasanis on 08-Apr-2020 17:21

Thank you for downloading the OEDK 12.2 Classroom Edition.  Apologies for the issues you are experiencing.  I will look into this right away.

Posted by bswenning on 08-Apr-2020 17:26

Thank you!

Ben Swenning

Posted by Joey Samoy on 08-Apr-2020 18:34

Hi Ben,

Are you able to install already? I have same issue as yours.

Thanks.

Posted by Deborah Tamasanis on 08-Apr-2020 18:54

We believe we have found the issue and should have this resolved within an hour or so.  I will post here as soon as this has been corrected.  Thank you for your patience.

Posted by bswenning on 08-Apr-2020 19:04

Not yet.  I have received word that they may have found the issue and will have it fixed later today.  They will post again here.

Ben

Posted by Deborah Tamasanis on 08-Apr-2020 19:21

The file for OEDK 12.2 Classroom Edition has been corrected.  Please download and let us know if you are still seeing an issue.  Thank you.

Posted by bswenning on 08-Apr-2020 20:02

Hasn’t worked.  It keeps failing to download.  Gets to 72 – 90% and then drops back to zero and starts again.  The one time that it looked like it finished it left an unrecognizable .mtd file.

Ben

Posted by Deborah Tamasanis on 08-Apr-2020 20:18

I also just experienced that behavior with the Download Manager.  It took a while to download and eventually the .mtd file was replaced with the zip file.  It definitely took longer than usual - I assumed a result of network traffic.  I tested with the other option to download / save the zip file.  That also took quite some time but, did successfully download a bit quicker.  Would you be able to try that download option and report back?

Posted by bswenning on 08-Apr-2020 20:38

After my last message to you I even tried downloading the .zip file directly too.  It failed on me.  Maybe I should try it in the middle of the night?  Maybe less traffic on this side of the world then?  I will give it a couple more attempts both ways.

Ben

Posted by bswenning on 08-Apr-2020 20:42

I just went back after 20 minutes and saw that it had finalized and the .mtd file was updated to the proper .zip file.  First time I have run across that activity.  Oh, well – I have it now! 

Thanks,
Ben

Posted by Deborah Tamasanis on 08-Apr-2020 20:58

Excellent news!  Yes, that's the first time I've seen that behavior as well with the Download Manager.  Instead of traffic on our highways, we have too much traffic on the virtual highway.

Posted by bswenning on 08-Apr-2020 21:04

Joey,

I was now able to receive a good download

Ben

This thread is closed