OpenEdge 12.2 ADE Source Code

Posted by Mike Fechner on 05-Apr-2020 18:17

Hi, is the ADE Source code from OpenEdge 12.2 already available for download? 

All Replies

Posted by tpavlovic on 05-Apr-2020 18:46

But is OpenEdge 12.2 already available for download?

Posted by Mike Fechner on 05-Apr-2020 19:03

Yes

Posted by tpavlovic on 08-Apr-2020 07:03

Did you upgrade your OEDK or 'standalone'?

I can't seem to find the upgrade option and my 12.1 OEDK expired today.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 08-Apr-2020 07:08

I have upgraded our OEDK subscription.

Posted by Deborah Tamasanis on 08-Apr-2020 13:34

Hi Mike,

ADE source for OpenEdge 12.2 can be found here:  community.progress.com/.../3777.ade-openedge-12-2-development-tools-source-code

DebT.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 08-Apr-2020 14:40

Thanks!

Von: Deborah Tamasanis <bounce-dtam@community.progress.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. April 2020 15:36
An: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com
Betreff: RE: [Technical Users - OE General] OpenEdge 12.2 ADE Source Code

Update from Progress Community

Hi Mike,

ADE source for OpenEdge 12.2 can be found here:  community.progress.com/.../3777.ade-openedge-12-2-development-tools-source-code

DebT.

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To unsubscribe from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by marian.edu on 08-Apr-2020 15:44

Maybe you guys should reconsider having that hosted on github so we can at least comment and/or send pull requests although having those accepted is a whole different story :)

Did took the 'corelib' SDK for a spin a few back and there a quite a few unexpected results and most of the time the issue is clearly visible in the code anyone could contribute even just by reporting it... no need to go through all the hassle opening a ticket with TS.

Just wondering, is there anyone making use of say 'Core' package in real life applications?

Marian Edu

Acorn IT 
www.acorn-it.com
www.akera.io
+40 740 036 212

Posted by Peter Judge on 08-Apr-2020 16:02

Marian,

The OpenEdge.Core.pl library is on the default propath, so everyone has access to it. Chad Thomson has done a couple of presentations on using its content at PUGs  (http://pugchallenge.org/downloads2019/296_EverydayOOP.pdf and http://pugchallenge.org/downloads2017/277_EveryDayOOP.pptx among others).

There's also a OpenEdge.Net PL that uses the Core.pl , and which is used in the HTTP client and the WebHandlers we ship, including the abstract WebHandler many people use as a base.

There's also API doc on these classes at documentation.progress.com/.../ that may be useful.

As to your "hosted on Git" question, noted. We are internally moving to using Git and a more modern toolchain, and who knows what the future could bring.

In the interim, if you find bugs or unexpected behaviours, please log them with TS.

Posted by marian.edu on 08-Apr-2020 16:14

Thanks Peter, 

I know the pl's are there available for everyone to use, some are documented in the 'core' documentation and other pieces like the 'net' package have API docs. Thanks for all the work, there is a lot of code there but imho it will be better if that will be open to contributors (yes, bug reports works just fine... the best feedback I've ever got) so you don't get to have all the fun ;)

As for TS, not that the guys there aren't great, on the contrary, but I tend to use that service only when really needed... it's more like 911 :)

Marian Edu

Acorn IT 
www.acorn-it.com
www.akera.io
+40 740 036 212

This thread is closed