PASOE - Would you use static html file?

Posted by Joey Samoy on 10-Jan-2020 23:21

Hi,

To get invoices at a given date range, I'd create a static html that prompts for date and submit button.

localhost:8080/.../get-invoices.html

which would call

localhost:8080/.../invoices

Where there is a service that would return json, which will be used by the html file to update itself.

There's a guilt feeling that that .html file is not necessary. How would you build it differently?

Thanks!

OE12 Classroom Ed

Posted by ssouthwe on 11-Jan-2020 19:38

There's nothing wrong with this approach.  I think it would be equally valid, depending on your needs, if you wanted to create a single Embedded Speedscript file to do it in one shot.  It all depends on how much it means to you to have reusability and layering of the app, versus speed of development. Do whatever gets the job done and will be the most maintainable for you.

All Replies

Posted by ssouthwe on 11-Jan-2020 19:38

There's nothing wrong with this approach.  I think it would be equally valid, depending on your needs, if you wanted to create a single Embedded Speedscript file to do it in one shot.  It all depends on how much it means to you to have reusability and layering of the app, versus speed of development. Do whatever gets the job done and will be the most maintainable for you.

This thread is closed