Oejmx query failing with nullpointer exception

Posted by ssouthwe on 23-Oct-2019 15:50

I have a situation with a client running production PASOE, 11.7.4, who has this issue when attempting to run any oejmx command:

Initially when I went in to their CATALINA_BASE\bin directory to run a jmx query, It was complaining about not being able to find lib/tools.jar.  Their proenv didn't have JAVA_HOME set, so I set that in the command window to $DLC\jdk.  Now this message pops up whether you run it with or without any parameters.

Could it be that their install somehow is messed up?  On another OE 11.7.4 instance I have in a dev environment, proenv has JAVA_HOME set.

Posted by ssouthwe on 23-Oct-2019 20:36

I ended up figuring this out. The instance had been started through OEManager, and my proenv session had been logged in as a regular user.  The combination of running proenv as administrator, and using tcman to stop and restart the instance made the oejmx command start working.  Still not sure why JAVA_HOME isn't set, but we can take care of that.

All Replies

Posted by ssouthwe on 23-Oct-2019 20:36

I ended up figuring this out. The instance had been started through OEManager, and my proenv session had been logged in as a regular user.  The combination of running proenv as administrator, and using tcman to stop and restart the instance made the oejmx command start working.  Still not sure why JAVA_HOME isn't set, but we can take care of that.

This thread is closed