PASOE Installers for Service Packs

Posted by Tim Hutchens on 15-Oct-2019 16:58

I'm trying to update my AppServers to 11.7.5. What is the right way to do this?

On the ESD, when I drill down into Progress OpenEdge > Progress OpenEdge 11.7.x, I have the option to get the full 11.7.5 installer under the (all platforms) link, but at the bottom of the list is the links for the Production/Development AppServers. It appears that I should be using those links instead of using the full installer for a PASOE server, but the Readme.txt included in that tar.gz has release notes for 11.7.0.

Am I supposed to be installing PASOE patches from the full installer or just using the AppServer installer files?

Thank you,

Tim

Posted by Roy Ellis on 15-Oct-2019 17:33

You should be using the full installer under the 11.7.5 link. This gives you the ability to do a full install to 11.7.5 or just add the 11.7.5 to a previous version (11.7.0-11.7.4) install.

The links at the bottom are for development servers only to be used for development on remote PASOE instances (e.g. developing on Windows and PASOE instance on Linux), without having to buy a second license to have your PASOE remote of your development environmnet.

HTH, Roy

All Replies

Posted by David Cleary on 15-Oct-2019 17:04

I’m not sure what those links are, but we only have 1 service pack for all of OpenEdge. I think those may be hotfixes.

Dave

Posted by Mike Fechner on 15-Oct-2019 17:10

If I’m not mistaking those may be separate installers for the Authentication gateway.

Posted by Roy Ellis on 15-Oct-2019 17:33

You should be using the full installer under the 11.7.5 link. This gives you the ability to do a full install to 11.7.5 or just add the 11.7.5 to a previous version (11.7.0-11.7.4) install.

The links at the bottom are for development servers only to be used for development on remote PASOE instances (e.g. developing on Windows and PASOE instance on Linux), without having to buy a second license to have your PASOE remote of your development environmnet.

HTH, Roy

This thread is closed