PASOE fail to start with weird errors

Posted by Simon L. Prinsloo on 04-Oct-2019 15:07

Good day

We have a working PASOE which we can routinely recreate without any errors. I copied the process to create a second PASOE, but it will not start. It gives strange errors and does not even create the agent.log.

I could really do with some ideas as to resolving this.

The working configuration is created by a script as follows:

/psc/dlc/bin/pasman create -v -p 8888 FirstApplication /psc/wrk/FirstApplication/bin/oeprop.sh -f /psc/wrk/FirstApplication.properties

I copied the script and I copied FirstApplication.properties to SecondApplication.properties, then I replaced FirstApplication with SecondApplication in both files, but when I try to start the new PASOE, I get the following in SecondApplication.2019-10-04.log:

c.p.a.s.s.OESpringPropertySource - Could not resolve openedge.properties ABL application name for web application: SecondApplication o.s.s.c.h.DefaultFilterChainValidator - Possible error: Filters at position 14 and 15 are both instances of org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor o.s.s.c.h.DefaultFilterChainValidator - Possible error: Filters at position 14 and 15 are both instances of org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor o.s.s.c.h.DefaultFilterChainValidator - Possible error: Filters at position 13 and 14 are both instances of org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor c.p.appserv.adapters.rest.Management - Property file /psc/wrk/SecondApplication/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/adapters/rest/_oepingService/runtime.props not found - Using default properties com.progress.caf.logging.CafLogging - Unable to create InputStream for resource "caflogging.properties". ROOT - Stopping logger context SecondApplication

Regards

Simon

All Replies

Posted by David Cleary on 04-Oct-2019 15:26

Most likely due to issues with the property file you are merging. We do have some substation parameters that we use when doing incremental deployment from PDSOE. Below is an example. These get merged when deploying a webapp, so both ${oepas-app} and ${oepas-webapp} are defined. We use the following parameters when calling oeprop to merge.

("-v", "-a", "$script:_oeablapp", "-A", "$script:_appName", "-f")

-a sets what is used for ${oepas-webapp}
-A sets what is used for ${oepas-app}

Also, unless you are just using the ROOT webapp, you will also need to deploy some war files.

So if you can provide some details on what you are trying to accomplish, I can probably let you know the best way to do it.

Dave

# See $CATALINA_HOME/conf/openedge.properties.README for details on the properties below.
# DO NOT MODIFY any ${} tags

# Transport properties for the APSV protocol
[${oepas-app}.${oepas-webapp}.APSV]
                adapterEnabled=0
                enableRequestChunking=1
                useHTTPSessions=1

# Transport properties for the SOAP protocol
[${oepas-app}.${oepas-webapp}.SOAP]
                adapterEnabled=0
                adminEnabled=1
                adminSoapAction=urn:services-progress-com:wsa-admin:01
                debugClients=
                wsaUrl=http://${psc.as.host.name}:${psc.as.http.port}/${oepas-webapp}/soap
                wsdlEnabled=1

# Transport properties for the REST protocol
[${oepas-app}.${oepas-webapp}.REST]
    adapterEnabled=0

# Transport properties for the WEB protocol
[${oepas-app}.${oepas-webapp}.WEB]
    handler1=OpenEdge.Web.DataObject.DataObjectHandler:/pdo/
                adapterEnabled=1
                defaultCookieDomain=
                defaultCookiePath=
                defaultHandler=OpenEdge.Web.DefaultWebHandler
                srvrDebug=0