OE Architect install

Posted by rkane on 29-Aug-2019 19:39

Moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and having difficulty installing OE Architect for Progress 10.2B08.  Besides some registry entries missing which we worked around we are missing some sub folders under the InstallDir\src\adm.  Specifically we are missing the method, objects, samples and support folders under src/adm.  Everything else appears to be there. We have some programs that use the containr.i file in the method folder which of course causes errors.  We've tried everything we can think of and I cannot find anything specific in the knowledge base.  Placed a support call with QAD who does our Progress support but have not gotten anything yet.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rick

Posted by Mike Fechner on 29-Aug-2019 19:48

I doubt the issue is due to the move from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My 10.2B on Windows 10 has those files. Maybe you have chosen different options on the install?

You might download those files from here: https://github.com/consultingwerk/ADE-Sourcecode/tree/10b03da1bef2e15b6de74d869868b273398c49ee/src/adm

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 29-Aug-2019 19:48

I doubt the issue is due to the move from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My 10.2B on Windows 10 has those files. Maybe you have chosen different options on the install?

Posted by rkane on 29-Aug-2019 21:20

Thanks Mike.  I copied the missing files from my Windows 7 pc and exported/imported registry entries.  This resolved our known problems.  It's our unknown problems that still concern me.  Good for now, thanks!

This thread is closed