Accessing Database Administration Console and OpenEdge Explo

Posted by cbsoth on 01-Aug-2019 23:51

I recently installed the trial version of OpenEdge 12 local edition.  It works properly in that I'm able to access the "sports"  data via SQL use the DataDirect Connect64 ODBC.  However, when I try to access the Database Administration Console and OpenEdge Explorer I get connection refused errors.  I manually started Tomcat9 in C:\Progress\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\bin.  This does not help.  I do not see port 9090 configured in C:\Progress\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\conf\server.xml.  How do access these functions?  I do not see any errors in C:\OpenEdge\WRK\admserv.log. I'm using Windows 10 and  Oracle JDK 1.8.

Thanks in advance,

Clifton Sothoron

All Replies

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 02-Aug-2019 11:44

Hi,

To start OEM/OEE simply run the command fathom -start from console

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 02-Aug-2019 11:49

The PAS instanse for OEM/OEE is located in oemgt directory, for example, V:\Progress120\oemgmt.

C:\Progress\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\ is a core PAS instance, you don't have to do anything with it, including start.

Posted by cbsoth on 02-Aug-2019 20:09

Valeriy,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I started looking closer at the sp_pasoe_tailor_stderr.log file.  One of the errors was:

Cannot invoke method. Method invocation is supported only on core types in this language mode.

At C:\Progress\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\bin\tctailor.psm1:148 char:2

This is triggered by powershell being in constrained mode.  That appears to be the default.  I modified the _PSLockdownPolicy environment variable from 4 to 1 and then started tcman in powerrshell.  I had already hand modified tcman.bat to point at the proper CATALINA_HOME.  OpenEdge explorer works properly now.  

It seems dangerous to depend on powershell for installation scripts when it is commonly in constrained mode.

Best,

Clifton Sothoron

This thread is closed