Can we expect a classroom edition of OpenEdge 12?

Posted by Lieven De Foor on 21-Mar-2019 08:10

Title says it all: can we expect a classroom edition of OpenEdge 12?

Posted by Simon L. Prinsloo on 21-Mar-2019 08:26

I've just followed the links to download classroom edition. The download is for OpenEdge  12.

All Replies

Posted by Simon L. Prinsloo on 21-Mar-2019 08:26

I've just followed the links to download classroom edition. The download is for OpenEdge  12.

Posted by Lieven De Foor on 21-Mar-2019 08:32

Thanks Simon, it is indeed already updated.

Posted by Patrick Tingen on 21-Mar-2019 11:26

Next question: is it possible to install both the classroom edition for 11 and 12?

Posted by Simon L. Prinsloo on 21-Mar-2019 13:30

I guess you can provided that you change the silent install config file to use a different location and ports.

Posted by Patrick Tingen on 21-Mar-2019 19:02

"silent install config file"?

How does that work?

Posted by bronco on 21-Mar-2019 19:52

Take a look at github.com/.../oe-11.7-pas-latest

The response.ini is the config file, the command the run the silent install looks like:

/install/openedge/proinst -b /install/openedge/response.ini -l /install/install_oe.log -n

On Windows it looks slightly different, but you get the drift. This wat it's easy to repeat the same installation over and over again without too much typing.

Posted by bronco on 21-Mar-2019 19:52

Take a look at github.com/.../oe-11.7-pas-latest

The response.ini is the config file, the command the run the silent install looks like:

/install/openedge/proinst -b /install/openedge/response.ini -l /install/install_oe.log -n

On Windows it looks slightly different, but you get the drift. This wat it's easy to repeat the same installation over and over again without too much typing.

This thread is closed